Apr 20, 2011 | Views: 317
Last weekend my son and I pulled the motor and trans and broke the motor down to see what needs to be done to fix it. At this point we are in the cleaning phase and now that we have the head problem solved were waiting on a new set of piston rings to come in since we pulled the #4 piston to get a better look at it. All the bearings (mains and rods) were pulled for inspection and looks really good so they have been put back. The #4 piston has been cleaned and once the cyl is honed it will be reinstalled and the engine will be put back together.
Before the heads go back on they will be disassembeled and will get a basic port and polish and the lower intake will get a gasket match port job to try and coax a bit more HP from the little motor. Working on this engine reminds me of building 5.0L engines. Very easy to understand.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: