- 1973 Plymouth Road Runner (Project)
Feb 25, 2008 | Views: 1,304
Filed under: 1973 Plymouth Road Runner (Project)
Update: Over a year later. I started to work on my car again. Just ordered a centerlink from Texas Acres, and both inner tie-rods are bent as well. I pulled all the interior back out. I'm going to yank the engine and trans. soon, and begin the painfull time consuming task of sanding the body smooth.
Update: Everything is removed and waiting to get money together to buy an air compressor good enough to run a sander.
Update: Started to disassemble the engine to strip the paint and repaint with POR-15.
Update: Engine is painted and so ready to be dropped back in.
Update: 08-29-2010: I just got my new NOS fender home and placed it on my car. Now I need to find the right side fender.
Update: 01-10-2011: I bought a NOS header panel on Ebay, had to weld support bracket to it from the old hearder panel. Still on the look out for a right side fender and door.
Update: 02-09-2011: I found a used front lower valance panel on Ebay, has some rock dings in it, but can be hammered out. Going to have a local body guy try to straighten my right fender and door this spring.
Update: 02-19-2011: Today I did some welding and installed a patch panel I made from my old front splash pan. Ready to install the body panels and put a light skim of puddy and sand my but off till everything is smooth as glass.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: