Frog’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 13
YOU KNOW YOU ARE FROM NORTH CAROLINA IF...
Mar 17, 2008 | Views: 940
1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waitin' to pass a tractor on the highway.
2. "Vacation" means goin' through Rocky Mount on the way to Kings Dominion.
3. You've seen all the biggest bands...ten years after their last hit.
4. You measure distance in minutes.
5. Down South to you means South Carolina.
6. You know a bunch of people who have hit a deer.
7. You know a few that have also hit a bear.
8. Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
9. Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
10. Your school classes were canceled because of a hurricane.
11. Your school classes were canceled because of hunting.
12. Your school classes were canceled because of a livestock show.
13. You've rode the school bus for an hour...each way.
14. You've ever had to switch from "Heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
15. Stores don't have bags...they have sacks and stores are called Piggly Wigglys.
16. You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year.
17. You end your sentences with a preposition, for example, "Where's my coat at?" & "What's that made out of?"
18. All the festivals around the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, or tobacco.
19. Priming was your first job...and you know what it means.
20. Your idea of a great tenderloin is when the meat is twice as big as the bun and comes with cole slaw on top.
21. You say catty-wampus, yunto, ill-ass, and ah-ite.
22. You put security lights on your house and your garage and leave both of them unlocked.
23. You think the four major food groups are beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
24. When asked how your trip to any foreign, exotic place was you say, "It was different."
25. Hyde County is considered a foreign or exotic place.
26. You carry jumper cables in your car.
27. You know the following: Duke - Smart Asses, State - Farmer's Kids,
Carolina - Preps, ECU - Drunks.
28. You faithfully drink Pepsi or Mt. Dew everyday of your life.
29. You know what "cow tipping" is.
30. You have your own secret bbq sauce.
31. You visit the NC State Fair mainly to see your neighbor's prize chicken.
32. You have the title of a song or any part of the title on the license plate in front of your car.
33. You think paying ten dollars is too much to get in the club.
34. If there are farm animals across the fence in your backyard.
35. If Wal-mart is the local hangout and the parking lot is crowded 24 hours of the day.
36. If your hairstyle consists of fingerwaves, pin curls, and a French roll at the same time.
37. If your hair weave is brown and your roots are black and in need of a perm.
38. If you are treated like a celebrity because you graduated from college.
39. If any two people still think dressing alike is cool.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: