Mr_Project’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 11
Apr 21, 2007 | Views: 947
Filed under: 1966 Chevrolet Corvair ('66 Sedan)
Progress made lately:
- Rear windshield installed
- Front door glass / regulators installed
- Headlight buckets installed and sealed
- Lots of misc. trim buffed out and some installed
- Bought the wrong tires, they're too short (calculated based on my old '63 Corvair rolling diameter!! Oops!) and will result in 4000+ RPM on the interstate. I'll be switching to 16" Panasports/Minilites with gunmetal centers and some taller tires. I'll keep the Azenis tires for auto-x.
Sandblasted and painted the slightly modified headlight hardware for the Hella e-codes that are going in. Wiring will come next.
Made speaker mounts for the 6" drivers under the dash. Tweeters will be molded into the a-pillar covers.
Put down insulation in the parcel shelf area where I'll be putting the 8" subwoofers and more 6" full-range speakers:
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: