- 1950 Studebaker Champion (FozzieMobile)
- 1951 Chevrolet Sedan (Heaven Bound)
- 1961 Ford Thunderbird (White In Night Satin)
- 2001 Toyota Celica (GT - great tourer)
- 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander (Ditsi Mitsi)
- 1954 Nash Metropolitan (Metro)
- 1958 Mercury Monteclair (The Beginning)
- 1960 Oldsmobile 88 (California Kid)
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova (Easy Going)
- 1968 Rambler American (Dings)
- 1972 Chevrolet Caprice (Bowtie Boat)
- 1976 Plymouth Valiant (Tilt Power)
- 1977 Volkswagen bus (rust bucket)
- 1978 Datsun 510 (Ole Reliable)
- 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (Trouble)
- 1989 Ford F 150 (Not So Big Foot)
- 2003 Mazda Protege5 (Japanese Ford)
alwaysakid’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 73
Briefly a Fugitive
Nov 20, 2009 | Views: 321
I was coming home from work, and upon turning off the Interstate ramp, I saw the county mounty parked in the empty parking lot. It took both hands, but I managed to keep my foot from pressing too much on the accelerator.
But he quickly pulled out behind me and came up close on my tail. Hah, I thought, he wants to presure me into speeding, but I'm not going to do it!
Then the lights came on. What do I do? Should I pull over or make a run for it. My home was less than two miles away, I could make it there before he got reinforcements. Then I could hole up and make a Randy Weaver-type stand.
My better judgement quickly took over and I pulled over. The officer wanted to tell me I had a burned out headlight. He probably also wanted to smell my breath and look inside my car for suspicious cellephane-wrapped packages of white powder, but I was okay there.
We're in the 21st century. Why am I getting pulled over for a burned out headlight? I still have the other headlight, my daytime running lights, parking lights, fog lamps; heck, I've got more lights on the front of my vehicle than a UFO!
The officer said he was just giving me a verbal warning, not to worry.
But it's the weekend, what happens if I don't get it fixed right away, I asked?
He said he wasn't concerned. He was sure I'd get it fixed once I got tired of being pulled over by police.
My burnt out headlight is repaired.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post:
Download Drive Magazine Now!