- 1976 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega (Twin Cam)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (Millionth Vega)
- 1971 Chevrolet Vega Panel Express (71Panel)
- 1988 Chevrolet Nova (88NUMMI)
- 1974 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (74Shark)
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvair (64vair)
- 1989 Chevrolet Beretta GT (89GT)
- 1986 Chevrolet Nova (86NUMMI)
- 1986 Chevrolet Sprint (86Sprint)
- 1986 Cadillac Cimarron (86Caddy)
- 1985 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (Deville)
- 1977 Chevrolet Chevette (77TCar)
- 1987 Toyota Corolla (87Corolla)
- 1985 Chevrolet Chevette S (85TCar)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback (73Kammback)
- 1990 Ford Festiva L (90Festiva)
- 1984 Lincoln Continental Mark VII LSC (84Mark)
- 1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI (82Mark)
- 1973 Ford Pinto Runabout (73Pinto)
- 1973 Mercury Capri 2600 (73Capri)
- 1975 Chevrolet Vega Panel Express (75Panel)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (Millionth Vega #2)
- 1976 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega (Twin Cam #1)
- 1967 Chevrolet Impala SS (67SS)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (73GT)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback Estate (73Woody)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (Millionth Vega #1)
vegavairbob’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 57
- Flashback: Chevrolet Vega 2300 Aluminum Engine
- Sat Jun 7, 2014 | 2 comments
- Flashback: Motor Trend 1971 Car of the Year - Chevrolet Vega 2300
- Sat Feb 8, 2014 | 1 comment
- Vega GT & Cosworth Vega in March 2014 Hemmings Classic Car
- Thu Jan 16, 2014 | 3 comments
- Flashback: Chevrolet Vega Owners Survey & Road Test - Road & Track, June 1973
- Mon Dec 16, 2013 | 2 comments
- Vega Panel Express Wins Best In Show
- Sat Nov 16, 2013 | 3 comments
Chevy Vega GT sweeps 2010 Hemmings New England Concours D' Elegance
Jul 24, 2010 | Views: 3,122
Filed under: 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (Millionth Vega)
The Saturday event, the Cruise-in Spectalcular was a non-judged show with winners selected by The Hemmings Motor News Staff. Winning vehicles were awarded glass-like trophies.
The Vega won "Favorite Original."
The main event on Sunday, The Fourth Annual Concours D' Elegance, was by invitation only and fielded 118 vehicles judged in 20 classes.
The Vega, all-original with 6k miles, was postioned in Class O - Preservation. With 15 vehicles, the Preservation (Preserved Original) class had the largest field and the most diverse assembly of vehicles, ranging from a 1935 Packard to a 1975 Porsche.
Class O - Preservation (as listed in program)
1935 Packard 120 Club sedan
1947 De Soto Diplomat
1963 Corvair Monza sedan
1965 Cadillac convertible
1965 Citroen 2CV6
1966 Mercedes-Benz 220 D
1969 AMC AMX California 500
1969 Chevrolet Impala hardtop
1969 Toyota Corona coupe
1971 Buick GS Stage I
1971 Cadillac Eldorado
1971 Chevrolet Caprice sedan
1973 Chevrolet Vega
1975 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega
1975 Porsche 914
My 1973 Chevy Vega GT won "Best Preservation." A 1969 Chevy Impala Coupe took second place.
In Sunday's awards presentation parade, mention was made that I had driven the car 300 miles to the event, a seemingly positive factor in the eyes of the Editor in Chief of Hemmings; another plus in favor of driving instead of trailering to an event!
The next largest class was AM-1 - American Muscle 1964-1974, fielding 14. Class V - Corvair, fielded 11 vehicles, with the other 17 classes each fielding 10 or less.
Second place winners of each class received glass-like trophies; the same type awarded in Saturday's "Cruise-in Spectacular." First place winners were awarded a distinctive round, solid glass-like trophy.
Photos of all the winning vehicles appeared in the Hemmings Motor News Oct. 2010 issue.
New England Concours d'Elegance 2010 - Best of the Hemmings Nation
Image: My 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT - Millionth Vega at the 2010 New England Concours D' Elegance
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: