- 007_SuperCoupe’s Garage
007_SuperCoupe’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 35
- The Manifold is starting to take life...
- Wed Jul 21, 2010 | comment
- Spring Modifications have turned into a Summer Mess!
- Fri Jun 18, 2010 | 2 comments
- Fuel economy expirements
- Mon Apr 5, 2010 | comment
- Spring modifications have officially started...
- Mon Mar 8, 2010 | 1 comment
- More upgrades........finally!
- Mon Feb 22, 2010 | 2 comments
Got to tackle some wiring today.
Jan 9, 2008 | Views: 557
Filed under: 1992 Ford Thunderbird (Silver Thunder)
- Intercooler Wiring
- 6 photos
I used Painless Performance's Weatherpack connectors. They offer a variety of connectors ranging from single wire all the way up to a six-wire connector. The crimper tool and pin extraction tool (if you goof up) are available from MSD Ignition. I purchased all of the parts from Speedway Motors since they are right here in Lincoln.
I have to say that I couldn't be happier with the way this turned out. My soldering skill leave much to be desired and since my SC is slowly becoming more show-worthy, I felt it an appropriate time to upgrade the pitiful wiring I attmpted before. The terminals crimp on very easily and are secured plenty strong enough. Now the entire harness snaps together making it much easier to replace parts, remove the IC/fan or simply tracking where the wires are.
Now that I've got this under my belt, I've got a couple more wiring projets to complete... :)
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: