- 007_SuperCoupe’s Garage
007_SuperCoupe’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 35
- The Manifold is starting to take life...
- Wed Jul 21, 2010 | comment
- Spring Modifications have turned into a Summer Mess!
- Fri Jun 18, 2010 | 2 comments
- Fuel economy expirements
- Mon Apr 5, 2010 | comment
- Spring modifications have officially started...
- Mon Mar 8, 2010 | 1 comment
- More upgrades........finally!
- Mon Feb 22, 2010 | 2 comments
Jul 26, 2006 | Views: 414
Filed under: 1992 Ford Thunderbird (Silver Thunder)
Basically what I wanted to do was find out how much I could get out of a ported head, but retaining the stock sized valves and cam. I had them ported by a very reputable porter with better than excellent results. The end result was a gain of about 20 rwhp and 20 rwtq from the heads alone. My SC dyno'd in the neighborhood of 265 rwhp and 350 rwtq. I did discover that I had major belt slip above 4300 rpm limiting my overall gains.
In the future, I will install large valve heads with a custom grind cam to get the absolute most out of my heads. I plan on installing these when I install my Cobra supercharger.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: