GoldyLocks’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 40
- A great day with Mongoo$e
- Fri Jan 13, 2012 | 2 comments
- You want that burger with one hump or two?
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | 2 comments
- Smokey Gets The Bandit's ---- Mustang that is
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | comment
- Happy Birthday Darrell
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | 1 comment
- Rally Sport in Australia -- a hoppin' sport.
- Sat Dec 5, 2009 | 1 comment
How It All Began. Ford Sales up 100%
Jul 23, 2008 | Views: 566
It's true. If the day is July 23, 1903.
That is the day that the first Ford Model A was sold and delivered.
Well, we all know what happened from there. Ford, and all American manufacturers are in a bit of a sales slump now. But, boy oh boy, wouldn't they all like to have a day of 100% sales increase in one day.
This should all make us think what made Detroit great. It was innovation.
We now here of "tax rescue packages" and "Washington support for American Automakers" streaming forth from both presidential candidates.
What we need to remember is that it is good, old-fashioned American ingenuity that made Ford great.
We need to get back to more of that, in my humble opinion, and not so much seeking handouts from Washington. That's what made America great and what will keep us going.
And, by the way. Thank you, Henry, for your innovations!
Anyone out there with a Model A, let's show it off today!
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: