GoldyLocks’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 40
- A great day with Mongoo$e
- Fri Jan 13, 2012 | 2 comments
- You want that burger with one hump or two?
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | 2 comments
- Smokey Gets The Bandit's ---- Mustang that is
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | comment
- Happy Birthday Darrell
- Fri Feb 5, 2010 | 1 comment
- Rally Sport in Australia -- a hoppin' sport.
- Sat Dec 5, 2009 | 1 comment
JEEP. The Army Needs 'em. Ford Builds 'Em. January 10, 1942.
Jan 10, 2008 | Views: 530
Well, after WWII started the Army already had Jeeps from Willy's ( I think what my Dad had was an old Willy's Jeep ), but they couldn't produce them fast enough for the Army, so the Army went to Ford.
Ford said yes, and signed a deal on January 10, 1942 to build Jeeps for the Army. They started rolling off the production line very soon after that.
The rest is History!
Have a great day, and salute every Jeep you see on the road!
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: