- 1994 Chevrolet S-10 (Back-in-Black)
- 1971 Chevrolet Nova (Dream Car)
- 1979 Pontiac Trans Am (Blackbird)
- 1974 Chevrolet Chevelle (Mychevelle)
- 1978 Chevrolet Monza (Experiment #1)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Experiment #2)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Spyder)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Re-Po Car)
- 1969 Chevrolet Impala (Limpala)
- 1977 Chevrolet Camaro (The Camaro)
- 1997 Chevrolet K 2500 (Work Horse)
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Am (Driver Ed Car)
- 1995 GMC 3500 Rally Van (Battle Wagon aka Big Bertha)
- 1987 Chevrolet S-10 (Thunder-sTruck)
- 1989 Chevrolet S-10 (Cameo)
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix (GP)
- 1998 Ford Ranger Super-cab (P*O*S)
Crazyfast79TA’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 187
- Still Working On Installing The 350 The Right Way
- Sun Dec 1, 2013 | comment
- Got To Test Fit My 350 In The S-10!
- Wed Nov 20, 2013 | 2 comments
- I Be Buildin' Me A Transmission This Weekend!
- Thu Nov 14, 2013 | 3 comments
- Doing Some Research And Remembering
- Fri Nov 8, 2013 | 2 comments
- Third Day (night) Of Wrenching...SUCCESS!
- Wed Nov 6, 2013 | comment
Making a plan and a list
Sep 25, 2013 | Views: 45
I started making a plan soon as I found out the engine was seized in the S-10. I'm no longer worried about getting the 4L60E transmission fixed for it. I'm going to build another V-8 S-10! This one is going to be more "rat rod" style than the '87 was. I'm not really going for speed in this one. It's going to be a cruiser. You know one I can turn the key and drive it anywhere. If this works out the way I'm hoping, it won't cost me an arm and leg to build it. The '87 taught me a lot on what should be done and what's a no-no. I plan on resurrecting my 327 from my old '69 Impala. I bought the car only for the engine so when I started driving it and decided I didn't want to keep the car I swapped out the 327 for the straight 6 that was in the '73 Ventura I junked. The 327 ran good but smoked really bad. No knocks or rattles so I'm hoping new rings will cure that. An engine overhaul kit is about $87 from Summit. I'd still change the cam and lifters. I also want to check out the Corvette heads I got as part of a trade I did a couple years back. They're rusty but complete. Clean them up and install new seals. I'll rebuild the 2 barrel that's on the 327 just to keep it simple. I've got an extra HEI distributor from my '83 Regal that got traded off. I also have the lock-up TH350 that was in that car. I had another lock-up TH350 that came out of an Oldsmobile that was given to me. But that would require lengthening the front part or the drive shaft. Or I could used the 700R4 I was saving for the Nova. Either way I wouldn't have to buy a transmission. The worst that could be I'd have to buy a rebuild kit for about $150. I've got a few different sets of exhaust manifolds I could use. There's just so many things I want to do and can't wait to dig into it soon as I get the Grand Am fixed and sold!
Permanent Link to this Blog Post:
Download Drive Magazine Now!