Jims5543’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 16
- New Paint - Car is purring
- Wed Feb 10, 2010 | 1 comment
- Did some tuning pulls, Houston, we have traction issues.
- Tue Jan 1, 2008 | comment
- I have declared the break in done.
- Fri Dec 28, 2007 | comment
- Nearing engine break in completion.
- Wed Dec 26, 2007 | comment
- Another 100 miles gone!
- Tue Dec 25, 2007 | comment
Nearing engine break in completion.
Dec 26, 2007 | Views: 619
Filed under: 1987 Mazda RX7 (Black Sunshine)
I decided in an effort to get this crap over with the last 400 miles +/- will be done at interstate speeds of 70-100 MPH.
I did 100 miles this morning in about 1.3 hours. Very Happy
I got out late, and hope to get out earlier tomorrow and get more like 200 miles on her, then as far as I am concerned I am done.
I want to tune to redline Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
All I can say is with the porting work, and this new turbo..... holy crap!!
I am looking forward to opening her up soon. This car warps your sense of what fast is.
i.e. my 3.6 swapped 911, I though it was slow and found out it was probably a 12 second car. My rx7 in its old trip was probably a 10 second car and was brutally fast. If I floor it, it feels like it is leaving the ground.
I am nervous about mountain runs because I am afraid this car will get me in over my head in about 0.0002 seconds.
Self control is going to be the key.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: