- 2006 Buick Terraza (Silvermane)
- 1995 Honda Accord (Winter Beater)
- 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager (Snowball)
- 1997 Ford Taurus (SHOtime)
- 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier (The Rolling Bruise)
- 1987 Ford Mustang (Mach 5.0)
- 1992 Buick Park Avenue (Immortal)
- 1997 GMC Jimmy (Ummm, Jimmy, I guess)
- 1998 Pontiac Sunfire (Mini-Vert)
- 1991 Dodge Monaco (Monaco)
- 1987 Chevrolet S-10 (Rusty, and NOT Trusty)
- 1992 Chrysler Le Baron (Hemarroid)
- 1968 Ford Ranchero (Ol Yeller)
- 1968 Mercury Cougar (Big Block)
- 1986 Pontiac Fiero (Mini Rod)
- 1991 Isuzu Stylus (Hairpin)
- 1973 Pontiac Grand Ville Brougham (The Godfather)
- 1988 Suzuki Samurai (Little Bigfoot)
- 1997 Saturn SC1 (Commuter)
- 1991 Saturn SC1 (Barney)
- 1978 Chevrolet LUV (Luv Machine)
- 1988 Ford EXP (Scort-Stang)
- 1988 Ford Mustang (My Little Pony)
- 1987 Pontiac Grand Am (Cheap-n-Sleazy)
SpeedRacerOnline’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 7
On The Road Again.....
May 3, 2007 | Views: 932
Got the 'Stang liscensed & insured yesterday! We are now legal to tear up the....I mean...drive legally on the roads at posted speed limits..... Yeah, that's it.
Oh, it feels good to drive a real car again! I've been stuck in a Buick, a Jimmy, and (gasp!) a Sunfire for the last 5 years. Before the rotten tomatoes start flying let me say that's not always a bad thing. Don't get me wrong, they've been good vehicles (well, except the Jimmy, but that's another story!), but it's just not the same. If you don't know what I mean come and visit me sometime. Drive your rod over here, whatever it is. Get comfy and used to the way the engine roars, the seats hug your body, the tight steering & suspension, and the instantaneous throttle response. When you get here I'll let you drive my Buick. One mile ought to do it. If you're not convinced, I'll be glad to trade with you. It's all paid off, so you've got nothing to worry about. ;-)
Ok, so most of you know what I mean and just said a hearty "Yeah, right." to my trade proposal. So, what's your anti-rod. Mine is a 1992 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. Very nice car. Got it from my parents when we were going through some rough times and needed a car (rough times = Jimmy). All the luxuries plus a few you didn't realize they had in 1992! Rides like a dream and the supercharged 3.8V6 gives it more get-up-and-go than you'd ever expect, BUT.... It's just not the same! Front wheel drive (not the sporty type, either), cushy-smooshy leather 60/40 seats, air-leveling rear, corners like a tugboat, and worst of all.....it's quiet! The engine has to reach close to 3500rpm in neutral before you can hear it. Great for a funeral procession and with 250,000 miles obviously a great car, but it is the Anti-Rod to me.
So, what's yours........?
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: