- 1961 Ford Thunderbird (White In Night Satin)
- 1951 Chevrolet Sedan (Heaven Bound)
- 2001 Toyota Celica (GT - great tourer)
- 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander (Ditsi Mitsi)
- 1950 Studebaker Champion (FozzieMobile)
- 1954 Nash Metropolitan (Metro)
- 1958 Mercury Monteclair (The Beginning)
- 1960 Oldsmobile 88 (California Kid)
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova (Easy Going)
- 1968 Rambler American (Dings)
- 1972 Chevrolet Caprice (Bowtie Boat)
- 1976 Plymouth Valiant (Tilt Power)
- 1977 Volkswagen bus (rust bucket)
- 1978 Datsun 510 (Ole Reliable)
- 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (Trouble)
- 1989 Ford F 150 (Not So Big Foot)
- 2003 Mazda Protege5 (Japanese Ford)
alwaysakid’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 83
One of the Most Reliable Cars I've Ever Owned
Mar 9, 2011 | Views: 486
Filed under: 1978 Datsun 510 (Ole Reliable)
I put studded snow tires on it for the winter and it never got stuck. In spite of it being a rear-wheel, two-wheel drive station wagon, it was incredibly easy to control in the snow.
It was the family transport when the kids were growing up, and became the teenager's transportation when we finally replaced it. And we only replaced it because it was getting old and had a lot of miles on it.
I'd have to say it was probably the best car our family ever had. I like my current Toyota Celica just as well, if not better, but it's not a family car and would not have served our family like that Datsun wagon did.
So, if it was such a good car, how come I don't really have any pictures of it?
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: