- 007_SuperCoupe’s Garage
007_SuperCoupe’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 35
- The Manifold is starting to take life...
- Wed Jul 21, 2010 | comment
- Spring Modifications have turned into a Summer Mess!
- Fri Jun 18, 2010 | 2 comments
- Fuel economy expirements
- Mon Apr 5, 2010 | comment
- Spring modifications have officially started...
- Mon Mar 8, 2010 | 1 comment
- More upgrades........finally!
- Mon Feb 22, 2010 | 2 comments
One thing leads to another...
Aug 21, 2009 | Views: 614
Filed under: 1994 Oldsmobile Achieva (Lil' Red)
The plan had always been to get an alignment once I replaced the bushings, so an appointment was made. A brief drive with the mechanic revealed the shake to him and they vowed to find it. Turns out both front struts are shot. They are shot to the point that the inner portion of the strut and the outer housing move at different rates, creating the shake that is felt when driving.
It doesn't surprise me at all that the struts are gone. It does have 146,xxx miles on it. But I just find it interesting that when you take one part off the car, all of a sudden two, three or four other parts are then instantly revealed as needing to be replaced. I know it is the way with older vehicles with high mileage. I'm just glad that the car was given to me instead of me purchasing it and still needing all this work!
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: