- 1968 Dodge D100 (D100)
- 1978 Chrysler New Yorker (the large barge)
- 1980 Chrysler LeBaron (woody)
- 1977 Chrysler Cordoba (cordoba)
- 1966 Dodge Coronet 500 (Dodge Coronet)
- 1948 Chevrolet Deluxe (sparky)
- 1948 Ford Super Deluxe 8 (x)
- 1937 Terraplane Model 71 (gramps)
- 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 (truck1)
- 1965 Ford F-250 (truck2)
- 1963 Dodge Town Panel (ugly)
- 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham (Salon)
- 1979 Chrysler New Yorker (NY)
patrick37’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 5
Jul 1, 2008 | Views: 277
Every year after that, up to 1987, I went to at least one CC Nats event, somewhere! Mostly, it was either DuQuoin or Springfield, Illinois, and they were all a great deal of fun!
Nowadays, it just isn't the same. Gas is over four bucks, got lots and lots of obligations, and the Coronet has a puking trans front seal. I was really hoping to do part of the Hot Rod cruise, but that didn't happen. This year has been really strange. We have an election in which neither candidate is worth electing as President. Prices of everything are going apesh!t. I've got four projects that I just don't have much enthusiasm about. Even parting out cars has become a chore, rather than something fun, because no one wants to spend any money, and shipping costs have got out of hand!
But, you know what? I still go out and enjoy my cars that are running, even if they have to run $4.00 gas. May not be able to do the long road-trip shows like in the '80s, but I'm still going to enjoy my rides before the bastards in power try to take them away from me!
Enjoy your day.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post:
Download Drive Magazine Now!