Motortopia: Where your passion parks

Motortopia: Where your passion parks.

Why Join Motortopia? So you can participate in groups... Create Group! Join Club! Join Group! Invite Friends!

  1. cars
  2. bikes
  3. boats
  4. planes

Cars > Crazyfast79TA’s Garage > Blog > Tackling the brake problem

 

Crazyfast79TA’s Profile Photo

Crazyfast79TA

M –50
Bovey, Minnesota
United States

 

Crazyfast79TA’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 247

It's For Real
Sun Feb 22, 2015  |  4 comments
Mini Paint-Job Redos
Sat Feb 21, 2015  |  comment
Mini Paint-Jobs
Thu Feb 19, 2015  |  1 comment
What?!?
Thu Feb 12, 2015  |  2 comments
Time To Put The Push On!
Thu Feb 5, 2015  |  comment

View Blog

Tackling the brake problem

By Crazyfast79TA

Related photos

Cover photo for the Gimme a BRAKE! album
Gimme a BRAKE!
8 photos
Trophies: 12
I'm sure everybody knows I was having problems bleeding the brakes. First, the master cylinder blew out. After replacing it, the rear brakes wouldn't bleed, Figured it was a bad hose, so I got a new one. I figured while I was going to work on the brake hose, I'd check the brakes themselves. Right side was okay, but I was reminded of the missing lug stud. I moved to the left side. Drum refused to come off. The bleeder screw rounded off on me. It didn't break, just rounded. Got replacements the other day. They were wrong. I went back to get a brake hardware kit and the right bleeder screws. I should've figured I was going to be replacing everthing inside the drums! It's going to have to wait until the week-end now. I do have some good news, however! I got the fan spacer in that I wanted. I tried making studs, but I couldn't manage to cut fine threads on the shank of regular coarse thread bolts. They ended up all "snaggle-toothed" and could even get the fan spacer on. I gave up and just bought fine thread bolts to do the job. I got the radiator in without any problems...this time.I had an overflow jug given to me by the guy I got the shaker from. I just had to figure out how to mount it. I did it. Just when I thought things were looking up, I discovered a huge transmission leak, just call it a transmission lake. when I was bolting the header collector gaskets in, I notyiced the line fror the vacuum modulator was not there. Not unhooked, just plain not there! I must have taken it out while I was cleaning the engine compartment with the engine out. I gave up for today. I won't be able to work on it until the week-end. It's getting better.
UPDATE: July 14th.
I started removing the rear brake hose last night after work. I had to heat the steel lines at the splitter end of the hose. The hose popped. I was right about the hose being plugged! Today I got a fairly early start. wasn't able to heat the other end of the hose that connects to the steel line to the front, too close to the fuel line. So I broke out my die grinder and cut the steel line right next to the fitting and re-flared it with another fitting. I had to replace the left wheel cylinder, too. Michelle came out to the garage and helped me bleed the brakes. They're good now! I got a different kind of break this week, too. I had the T-Top trim given to me that I needed so bad! I have to fix the transmission lake too. I also got the modulator line in and hooked up. That was work in iyself. It may be a Sunday-after-church deal before I get to work on it anymore. I hope to be driving it this week!

Log in to post comments.

Read comments on this blog post

No comments have been posted on this blog post.

 

Cars > Crazyfast79TA’s Garage > Blog > Tackling the brake problem

Print your passion at Motortopia.com (http://www.motortopia.com)