1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1987 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Head to Head
About “Wild Cherry”
A guy who works for me owns a black IROC-Z. Until he showed me his car, I wasn't really into cars at all. John's car changed all that. Within a couple of weeks, I knew I needed a hot car too. I started looking for a car that suited me, but I kept going back to John's black IROC, so that's what I decided I wanted. One day at work, he told me about an older friend of his who was selling a red IROC that he had bought brand new. He had arthritis in his knees, and it was getting worse. There was no way he could drive a stick shift car anymore. Since he hardly ever drove the car anyhow, he decided it was time to sell it. The car had been kept in a heated garage under a car cover, and never driven in rain or snow. It only had about 15,000 miles on it since new. It looked and drove like a new car. He wanted it to go to a good home, and John put in a good word for me. I don't drive it very often either - it's strictly a good weather pleasure car, just like it was for the old guy who sold it to me.
About “Formula 87'”
I Bought it from a guy who spent 8 years in prison and needed the money. I took a chance and bought a one way ticket to Seattle, WA. You could could tell she'd been sitting for a few days, LOL but after a couple bottles of heat she went 2,200 miles to KansasCity, MO. In Feb no less. It took me about 6 months to replace all the plumbing to get her back to turn Key status. It still needs a few things but its getting there. With the exception of the Kenwood Stereo I put in it, it is all original and everything works from bumper to bumper.
Specs for “Wild Cherry”
Multi-Port Fuel Injected 305 V-8
Specs for “Formula 87'”
3.23 L/S rear end
Factory Options for “Wild Cherry”
It's loaded! I don't know what was standard and what was optional on IROC-Z's. It does have T-Tops.
Factory Options for “Formula 87'”
WS6 suspension package
This is my Current List of what i've done to her Since Feb.
1. New radiator
2. New AC compressor (Converted to R-134) works perfectly
3. New Heavy Duty water pump
4. New thermostat (including a new water outlet)
5. New upper & lower Radiator Hoses (Gates)
6. New Power Steering Pump (including hoses)
7. New alternator
8. New water temp sensor
9. All new Gates Belts
10. New starter & solenoid
11. New Timing chain & gear put in it
12. New Battery
13. New Flow master 80 series & new cat convertor installed
14. New KYB GR2 shocks installed front & rear
15. New Cooling fans and relays
16. Extra charging points installed
17. Hard wired for a Garmin and Valentine one radar detector
18. New window switches installed
19. New spark plugs installed
20. Keyless entry
21. New Headlight motors installed on both sides including new headlights
22. New Flashers
23. Had transmission flushed and checked at Cottman Transmission
24. Had the engine carbon cleaned.
25. New OE Dash
26. New weather strip seals
27. New Rear Hatch shocks as well as the front hood shocks are new
Photo Albums 1 – 1 of 1
Photo Albums 1 – 1 of 1
Vote This challenge has ended!
|Points for Wild Cherry||Total Votes||Points for Formula 87'|