Motortopia: Where your passion parks

Motortopia: Where your passion parks.

Why Join Motortopia? Connect with other enthusiasts... Chat! Add Friends! Challenge! Private Message!

  1. cars
  2. bikes
  3. boats
  4. planes

Cars > Groups > Pontiac Trans Am Group > Forums > 1974-1981 Trans Am > BoDavrel and My 78 T/A Picutres

 

Forum: 1974-1981 Trans Am

  • Topic: BoDavrel and My 78 T/A Picutres
  • Started by breakneck Mar 13, 2008 at 8:29 am
  • Last post by Gunner15a Feb 22, 2009 at 7:22 pm
  • This topic has been viewed 1751 times and has 13 replies
more search options
 

Topic: BoDavrel and My 78 T/A Picutres

Forums > 1974-1981 Trans Am > BoDavrel and My 78 T/A Picutres

Page 1 of 2: 1 2 > Last >> Posts 1 – 10 of 16  

  1. #1 Mar 13, 2008 at 8:29 am

    breakneck’s Profile Photo
    breakneck
    Total posts: 70
    Send Message
    Thanks for the invite, here are some pictures of my 78 T/A as I have been working on making it into make version of the Bandit Car.

    This is my T/A next to the 71 GTX I sold right before I bought it. I sold the GTX on ebay and made a great new friend in the process. This was 11 months after I bought the T/A before I started working on it.


    This is from the first night I took it to the drag strip. Ran 15.56 at 81 mph bone stock


    This is the 400 I took out and sold on ebay. My car has 50,000 original miles on it and I got $3,200 for the complete engine and transmission out of it.



    These are a couple of pictures of the brand new Pontiac 455 after being set in the car.


    Custom Shaker base being fitted to the car so the shaker would still shake and so no one can tell from the outside that the car isnt stock biggrin image



    First bath of 2008 and all the engine stuff is on. See how from the outside it still looks original wink image



    Today as it sets in the shop getting new a rear end and so more go fast stuff done.
     

     

  2. #2 Mar 13, 2008 at 8:57 am

    jebfastlane’s Profile Photo
    jebfastlane
    Total posts: 356
    Send Message
    Quote:
    Originally posted by BoDarvel  Thanks for the invite, here are some pictures of my 78 T/A as I have been working on making it into make version of the Bandit Car.

    This is my T/A next to the 71 GTX I sold right before I bought it. I sold the GTX on ebay and made a great new friend in the process. This was 11 months after I bought the T/A before I started working on it.


    This is from the first night I took it to the drag strip. Ran 15.56 at 81 mph bone stock


    This is the 400 I took out and sold on ebay. My car has 50,000 original miles on it and I got $3,200 for the complete engine and transmission out of it.



    These are a couple of pictures of the brand new Pontiac 455 after being set in the car.


    Custom Shaker base being fitted to the car so the shaker would still shake and so no one can tell from the outside that the car isnt stock biggrin image



    First bath of 2008 and all the engine stuff is on. See how from the outside it still looks original wink image



    Today as it sets in the shop getting new a rear end and so more go fast stuff done.

    Looken good, great pic's.
     

     

    The need for is growing and spring is time to bring out the BARR"S AM for the shake down run, hope all of you are ready as I am.
  3. #3 Mar 16, 2008 at 8:49 am

    323I_Junkie’s Profile Photo
    323I_Junkie
    Total posts: 8
    Send Message
    Thats a really clean T/A and Kudos on the 455..They are great motors.

    Are you going to reconnect AC?

    Ima southwest guy and dang, thats a hot car!
     

     

  4. #4 Mar 16, 2008 at 10:03 am

    breakneck’s Profile Photo
    breakneck
    Total posts: 70
    Send Message
    Quote:
    Originally posted by 323I_Junkie  Thats a really clean T/A and Kudos on the 455..They are great motors.

    Are you going to reconnect AC?

    Ima southwest guy and dang, thats a hot car!



    The only reason there is not full roller rockers is so that I could use short valve covers and bolt the stock A/C back up.

    I have replaced every piece of the system and it will be brand new when bolted back in. During the break in of the engine I left it off so that It was simpler to get to the parts of the engine the leak oil, come loose, and that kind of stuff.
     

     

  5. #5 Mar 16, 2008 at 4:50 pm

    bencar’s Profile Photo
    bencar
    Total posts: 73
    Send Message
    Damn, what a shame you couldn't have kept the GTX too, both it, and your T/A are awesome thumbsup image
     

     

    Ben
    President of The NY/NJ Slant-Six Club of America
    Club Website:
    http://clubs....om/nynjslant6
    Club Events Page:
    http://bencar...FAMERICA.html
    Club Discussion Board:
    http://www.al...ums/index.php
    Online Club Store:
    http://www.ca....com/slantsix
  6. #6 Mar 16, 2008 at 5:11 pm

    breakneck’s Profile Photo
    breakneck
    Total posts: 70
    Send Message
    Quote:
    Originally posted by bencar  Damn, what a shame you couldn't have kept the GTX too, both it, and your T/A are awesome thumbsup image


    You know how money is... There is only so much the wife is going to let me play with at once eyebrow image

    I did have a 1971 Scamp with a 360 in it for a little bit while I had the GTX. It was very cool to open the garage doors and see them both sitting there side by side biggrin image
     

     

  7. #7 Mar 16, 2008 at 8:48 pm

    bencar’s Profile Photo
    bencar
    Total posts: 73
    Send Message
    Oh well, sure would have been nice though.

    Quote:
    Originally posted by BoDarvel  You know how money is... There is only so much the wife is going to let me play with at once eyebrow image

    I did have a 1971 Scamp with a 360 in it for a little bit while I had the GTX. It was very cool to open the garage doors and see them both sitting there side by side biggrin image
     

     

    Ben
    President of The NY/NJ Slant-Six Club of America
    Club Website:
    http://clubs....om/nynjslant6
    Club Events Page:
    http://bencar...FAMERICA.html
    Club Discussion Board:
    http://www.al...ums/index.php
    Online Club Store:
    http://www.ca....com/slantsix
  8. #8 Mar 16, 2008 at 11:56 pm

    323I_Junkie’s Profile Photo
    323I_Junkie
    Total posts: 8
    Send Message
    Thhats cool...now that I know you are putting it back on ...I'll just say I cant stand hacks. My 468 is still running cruise. Although it surges..

    Let us know your best ET...I love 455's
     

     

  9. #9 Apr 10, 2008 at 9:41 pm

    Shaker’s Profile Photo
    Shaker
    Total posts: 1015
    Send Message
    I'm running a 455 HO in my 78 as well. Round port 70-HO engine with 1971 "191" heads and over-sized Ram Air Reproductions exhaust manifolds instead of headers. The first time at the track, the car ran a 13.99 @ 99.98 MPH on street tires. I did a lot of spinning at the beginning of the run even with the 3200 stall converter. The next 3 runs were almost identical... spinning in low gear. Can't wait to get better rubber and perhaps traction bars and run it again this spring. smile image
     

     

    "Ready to Roll Roy?"
    78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
    79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
    and a couple of others that will remain nameless!

    Edited Apr 14, 2008 at 9:23 pm

  10. #10 Aug 31, 2008 at 1:40 pm

    breakneck’s Profile Photo
    breakneck
    Total posts: 70
    Send Message
    Update from the spring and summer.

    The engine in the pictures blew up and ate the crank and rods.

    I got with Jim Butler and we decided on a 4.25 crank, 800 hp rods, and lite weight pistons for the new engine. Along with a pretty cool cam shaft that should let me get to 6000 rpm and run a little NOS with it.

    On the motor we are hoping for 520 to 530 hp with 575fpt. Then I am going to throw a 150 shot of juice to it just incase I might need it biggrin image
     

     

Page 1 of 2: 1 2 > Last >> Posts 1 – 10 of 16  

login to reply  

Forums > 1974-1981 Trans Am > BoDavrel and My 78 T/A Picutres

Download Drive Magazine Now!
 

Cars > Groups > Pontiac Trans Am Group > Forums > 1974-1981 Trans Am > BoDavrel and My 78 T/A Picutres

Print your passion at Motortopia.com (http://www.motortopia.com)