Motortopia: Where your passion parks

Motortopia: Where your passion parks.

Why Join Motortopia? So you can post comments on... Forums! Photos! Vehicles! Garages! Journals! Events!

  1. cars
  2. bikes
  3. boats
  4. planes

Cars > Groups > The Bandit Run > Forums > 2010 Bandit Run > Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa Wednesday May 19th

 
     

    Forum: 2010 Bandit Run

    • Topic: Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa Wednesday May 19th
    • This forum is locked.
    • This topic is pinned.
    • Started by Debbie_C Mar 3, 2010 at 12:15 pm
    • Last post by SeeYa Apr 30, 2010 at 5:03 am
    • This topic has been viewed 1863 times and has 28 replies
    more search options
     

    Topic: Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa Wednesday May 19th

    Forums > 2010 Bandit Run > Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa Wednesday May 19th

    This forum is locked

     

    Page 3 of 3: << First < 1 2 3 Posts 21 – 29 of 29  

    1. #21 Sticky Mar 3, 2010 at 12:15 pm

      Debbie_C’s Profile Photo
      Debbie_C
      Total posts: 356
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by roxxychiickx3  We decided to stay in the cheaper hotel also, were prob gonna spend most of our night at the drag strip anyways. Any word on them calling back? Hopefully they will offer us a group rate or something


      As of right now, the drag race at Palm Beach International is an optional event. We had to guarantee them too many cars to get a group rate. Additionally, we aren't quite sure how long we will be at the Burt Reynolds museum. If anything changes, I will let y'all know.
       

       

      Debbie
    2. #22 Mar 3, 2010 at 12:32 pm

      roxxychiickx3’s Profile Photo
      roxxychiickx3
      Total posts: 43
      Send Message
      ok thank you so much for everything!!!!
       

       

    3. #23 Mar 12, 2010 at 3:07 pm

      ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
      ICRAZY6
      Total posts: 219
      Send Message
      Any Idea of what the drag strip charges to run? Also what class their inspections for the cars fall under. So I know if I need a fire extinguisher and fire jacket. Thanks,
      Ken
       

       

      How's this thing go back together???
    4. #24 Mar 12, 2010 at 3:45 pm

      Debbie_C’s Profile Photo
      Debbie_C
      Total posts: 356
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by ICRAZY6  Any Idea of what the drag strip charges to run? Also what class their inspections for the cars fall under. So I know if I need a fire extinguisher and fire jacket. Thanks,
      Ken


      This is all I can find on their site. I tried calling PBIR but no one answered. I just want to make sure you know there are things planned that afternoon/evening at the Burt Reynolds Museum. They have not verified yet what all we will have happening there but keep that in mind when making your plans.

      From PBIR site:

      Drag Strip Open Test & Tune
      Go Full Throttle on the ¼-mile all-concrete PBIR Drag Strip! Bring your street car and test it out on the track. Arrive early and get plenty of track time! Test & Tune is every Wednesday and Friday night starting at 5pm. All drivers must wear long pants and all Street Legal vehicles must have working seatbelts.




      Palm Beach International Raceway's Drag Strip


      This is where the Palm Beach International Raceway tradition began. The proving ground for hardcore hotrodders - Drag Racing. Whether it was way back then or right here and now, one thing holds true - go fast or you go home. PBIR's famous Drag Strip is a 1/4-mile, NHRA-sanctioned, all-concrete strip designed by Wayne McMurty and hosts various national, regional and local events, including the NHRA Citrus Nationals and more.
      STRIP FEATURES

      o 1/4-Mile, All-Concrete Strip
      o Track Built to NHRA Specifications
      o Track Milled and Polished by Penhall and Freeburn to Ensure Grip and Flatness
      o Trans Lux LED Score Boards with 48" Digits
      o Bob Brockmeyer/Compulink Timing and Scoring System
      o Spectacular Bleacher Seating
      o Concrete Guard Walls Through Shut Down Area

      Complete Ticket Details


      Racer
      $25.00


      Crew
      $10.00


      Spectator (+ Tax)
      $9.39


      Child 12 & Under
      $0.00
       

       

      Debbie
    5. #25 Mar 15, 2010 at 7:30 am

      ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
      ICRAZY6
      Total posts: 219
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Debbie_C  This is all I can find on their site. I tried calling PBIR but no one answered. I just want to make sure you know there are things planned that afternoon/evening at the Burt Reynolds Museum. They have not verified yet what all we will have happening there but keep that in mind when making your plans.

      From PBIR site:

      Drag Strip Open Test & Tune
      Go Full Throttle on the ¼-mile all-concrete PBIR Drag Strip! Bring your street car and test it out on the track. Arrive early and get plenty of track time! Test & Tune is every Wednesday and Friday night starting at 5pm. All drivers must wear long pants and all Street Legal vehicles must have working seatbelts.




      Palm Beach International Raceway's Drag Strip


      This is where the Palm Beach International Raceway tradition began. The proving ground for hardcore hotrodders - Drag Racing. Whether it was way back then or right here and now, one thing holds true - go fast or you go home. PBIR's famous Drag Strip is a 1/4-mile, NHRA-sanctioned, all-concrete strip designed by Wayne McMurty and hosts various national, regional and local events, including the NHRA Citrus Nationals and more.
      STRIP FEATURES

      o 1/4-Mile, All-Concrete Strip
      o Track Built to NHRA Specifications
      o Track Milled and Polished by Penhall and Freeburn to Ensure Grip and Flatness
      o Trans Lux LED Score Boards with 48" Digits
      o Bob Brockmeyer/Compulink Timing and Scoring System
      o Spectacular Bleacher Seating
      o Concrete Guard Walls Through Shut Down Area

      Complete Ticket Details


      Racer
      $25.00


      Crew
      $10.00


      Spectator (+ Tax)
      $9.39


      Child 12 & Under
      $0.00



      Thank You for your hard work. Look forward to it all!!! hyper image
       

       

      How's this thing go back together???
    6. #26 Apr 29, 2010 at 3:55 pm

      Tranz15’s Profile Photo
      Tranz15
      Total posts: 23
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Debbie_C  The Jupiter Beach Resort and Spa is a 4-star resort and therefore, our most expensive stop. A one night stay is normally $200-$400 a night. As Bill pointed out, it is the only oceanfront hotel in Jupiter and since we are on a "beach run" I wanted to make sure runners could get to the beach. biggrin image

      However for those seeking a more budget friendly stay in Jupiter, I negotiated a rate at the La Quinta Inn 34 Fisherman's Wharf Jupiter, FL Phone: 1-561-575-7201
      Ask for the Bandit Run rate and you will get a $79 rate that includes breakfast. This hotel is located less than a mile from the host hotel. I hope this helps. We are trying our best to make the run enjoyable for everyone. If there are any problems, please let me know. thumbsup image


      Thanx for the alternate motel i have for the past few years have been wanting to go but money has allways has been tight each year but this year i will not miss it-- it will be a lil cheaper then the past ones since i live in FL after this one is finally paid for i will start setting aside a lil here and there for BR 2011 bouncy image
       

       

      The one and only Tranz15
    7. #27 Apr 29, 2010 at 4:19 pm

      SeeYa’s Profile Photo
      SeeYa
      Total posts: 164
      Send Message
      Being my husband was laid off and we have to watch the funds, I have cancelled the Resort hotel and went with the cheaper one. sarcastic image

      Oh well, at least at the cheaper hotel they offer a hot breakfast buffet! biggrin image
       

       

    8. #28 Apr 29, 2010 at 6:06 pm

      Pontiac_Birds_Nest’s Profile Photo
      Pontiac_Birds_N
      est
      Total posts: 142
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by SeeYa  Being my husband was laid off and we have to watch the funds, I have cancelled the Resort hotel and went with the cheaper one. sarcastic image

      Oh well, at least at the cheaper hotel they offer a hot breakfast buffet! biggrin image


      The LaQuinta Inn your saving almost 100 dollars more, even if I had the extra money I still would of went with this hotel. It's not like were going to be at the hotel very long, it's mainly just a place to sleep. I bet most of the bandit runners are staying here:-)

      Bri
       

       

      Flying Low!!
    9. #29 Apr 30, 2010 at 5:03 am

      SeeYa’s Profile Photo
      SeeYa
      Total posts: 164
      Send Message
      This is true Bri. We aren't spending much time in the hotel.
       

       

    Page 3 of 3: << First < 1 2 3 Posts 21 – 29 of 29  

    This forum is locked  

    Forums > 2010 Bandit Run > Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa Wednesday May 19th

    Download Drive Magazine Now!
     

    Cars > Groups > The Bandit Run > Forums > 2010 Bandit Run > Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa Wednesday May 19th

    Print your passion at Motortopia.com (http://www.motortopia.com)