Motortopia: Where your passion parks

Motortopia: Where your passion parks.

Why Join Motortopia? Connect with other enthusiasts... Chat! Add Friends! Challenge! Private Message!

  1. cars
  2. bikes
  3. boats
  4. planes

Cars > Groups > The Bandit Run > Forums > Discus 2009 Bandit Run > The chance of a lifetime

 
     

    Forum: Discus 2009 Bandit Run

    • Topic: The chance of a lifetime
    • This forum is locked.
    • Started by sweet77 May 22, 2009 at 10:06 am
    • Last post by Shaker May 26, 2009 at 10:02 pm
    • This topic has been viewed 859 times and has 17 replies
    more search options
     

    Topic: The chance of a lifetime

    Forums > Discus 2009 Bandit Run > The chance of a lifetime

    This forum is locked

     

    Page 2 of 2: << First < 1 2 Posts 11 – 18 of 18  

    1. #11 May 22, 2009 at 10:06 am

      sweet77’s Profile Photo
      sweet77
      Total posts: 42
      Send Message
      Greetings fellow "runners" and my great new friends! I can't believe how much fun that Bandit Run was. I flew down to Nashville to meet up with the run, not knowing what to expect. Well, I found the nicest, warmest, most inviting group of people ever.....who drove the sweetest looking cars I've ever seen! Anytime those cars lined up to leave....I was in awe. What a sight...what a feeling. I just wanted to thank everyone for being so great and helpful (especially JWF and ponchfreek...who showed me the ropes!) I will definitely be back for the Bandit Run 2010!!! (By then I should know how to talk on the CB!)

      Cat
       

       

      Imagine the possibilities
    2. #12 May 22, 2009 at 10:55 am

      Tinman5’s Profile Photo
      Tinman5
      Total posts: 165
      Send Message
      I wasn't able to make 2007 and kicked myself unmercifully for missing it...I did make "the run" in 2008 and had the time of my life. I didn't think there was any way it could possibly be eclipsed.

      I'm with the consensus here and agree 2009 was one for the record books: Snowman's trailer, Buford's car, meeting the Reed family, and an unbelieveable turn-out were definitely highlights. In spite of those turd floater thunderstorms we drove through and getting lost even WITH GPS, the trip was off the hook.

      The 2008 Run was an initiation...the 2009 Run felt like a family reunion. The best part as stated by others here on this post was the interaction amongst the Bandit Runners themselves.

      Special thanks to the trailer team for taking a derelict 40' reefer and transforming it into a fitting tribute to Jerry Reed in less than seven months with nothing but donations and no corporate sponsorship...to Shannon for donating his time and money to haul the trailer...to Kevin Morgan for riding shotgun...to Gary at Restore a Muscle Car for getting soaked in Nashville while helping to temporarily repair my exhaust system...and to all my friends both old and new. It was a blast!

      My home office is still full of car parts destined for my '73 Brewster green T/A. With a little better planning, a cooperative economic recovery, and a willing driver (maybe I should start a raffle), I'll have two cars on the Run in 2010. That way, it'll be twice as much fun!

      Tinman5
       

       

      "If you don't make dust, you eat dust"

      1939 Pontiac Silver Streak (street rod)
      1973 Trans Am
      1974 Grand Am
      1976 Trans Am (50th Anniversary)
      1979 Trans Am (10th Anniversary)
      2006 Jaguar XJ8L
    3. #13 May 22, 2009 at 11:59 am

      the_loon’s Profile Photo
      the_loon
      Total posts: 119
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Tinman5  I wasn't able to make 2007 and kicked myself unmercifully for missing it...I did make "the run" in 2008 and had the time of my life. I didn't think there was any way it could possibly be eclipsed.

      I'm with the consensus here and agree 2009 was one for the record books: Snowman's trailer, Buford's car, meeting the Reed family, and an unbelieveable turn-out were definitely highlights. In spite of those turd floater thunderstorms we drove through and getting lost even WITH GPS, the trip was off the hook.

      The 2008 Run was an initiation...the 2009 Run felt like a family reunion. The best part as stated by others here on this post was the interaction amongst the Bandit Runners themselves.

      Special thanks to the trailer team for taking a derelict 40' reefer and transforming it into a fitting tribute to Jerry Reed in less than seven months with nothing but donations and no corporate sponsorship...to Shannon for donating his time and money to haul the trailer...to Kevin Morgan for riding shotgun...to Gary at Restore a Muscle Car for getting soaked in Nashville while helping to temporarily repair my exhaust system...and to all my friends both old and new. It was a blast!

      My home office is still full of car parts destined for my '73 Brewster green T/A. With a little better planning, a cooperative economic recovery, and a willing driver (maybe I should start a raffle), I'll have two cars on the Run in 2010. That way, it'll be twice as much fun!

      Tinman5


      How much are the raffle tickets!!! hyper image

      Loon
       

       

      1996 WS6 'Ram Air' Formula 1LE.
      1 of 524 '96 Factory WS6 Formulas
      1 of 10 '96 1LE (all Formula)
    4. #14 May 23, 2009 at 5:30 pm

      banditfever’s Profile Photo
      banditfever
      Total posts: 8
      Send Message
      Hi everyone tongue image tongue image tongue image biggrin image applause image applause image applause image , I was thinking of the Bandit Run 2010 and here are a few suggestions since it may start in Jupiter next year.

      START

      1) Jupiter ,Florida (duh!!!)

      2) Cape Canaveral, Florida (space shuttle and center)

      3) Orlando, Florida (Disney World and a lot more)

      4) Ocala, Florida (Don Garlits Museum)

      5) Tallahassee, Florida (Tallahassee car museum)

      6) Pensacola, Florida (Aviation Museum)

      7) Mobile, Alabama (???)

      cool image New Orleans, Louisiana (stuff ??)

      9) Talladega, Alabama (International Motorsports Museum)

      10) McDonough and Jonesboro, Georgia( S.S.S. and movie tour)

      11) Braselton,Georgia (Year One)

      Later Jeff
       

       

      Jeff W
    5. #15 May 24, 2009 at 5:29 pm

      mngregv’s Profile Photo
      mngregv
      Total posts: 112
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by banditfever  Hi everyone tongue image tongue image tongue image biggrin image applause image applause image applause image , I was thinking of the Bandit Run 2010 and here are a few suggestions since it may start in Jupiter next year.

      START

      1) Jupiter ,Florida (duh!!!)

      2) Cape Canaveral, Florida (space shuttle and center)

      3) Orlando, Florida (Disney World and a lot more)

      4) Ocala, Florida (Don Garlits Museum)

      5) Tallahassee, Florida (Tallahassee car museum)

      6) Pensacola, Florida (Aviation Museum)

      7) Mobile, Alabama (???)

      cool image New Orleans, Louisiana (stuff ??)

      9) Talladega, Alabama (International Motorsports Museum)

      10) McDonough and Jonesboro, Georgia( S.S.S. and movie tour)

      11) Braselton,Georgia (Year One)

      Later Jeff




      Hi everyone,

      I'm going to start something and hope it will come true...

      OK, Here is my wish for 2010... how about this, what if we started The Bandit Run 2010 a little earlier in the year, like during Daytona 500 week... Drive Snowman's rig and our cars around the Daytona race track before the Daytona 500 race... OK Red, can you get that arranged (I know you won't pass it up)... and Get Sally and Burt to meet and greet all of us in the infield after driving Snowman's rig and our cars around the track... Shannon did mention that if it started in Florida, he may do the 2010 Run... Not asking allot, But that is what I'd like to see... The Bandit Runners would go crazy... Not to mention the Nascar Fans... scratchchin image

      Greg
       

       

      The Bandit's Back
    6. #16 May 24, 2009 at 6:05 pm

      MRSG2XS’s Profile Photo
      MRSG2XS
      Total posts: 116
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by banditfever  Hi everyone tongue image tongue image tongue image biggrin image applause image applause image applause image , I was thinking of the Bandit Run 2010 and here are a few suggestions since it may start in Jupiter next year.

      START

      1) Jupiter ,Florida (duh!!!)

      2) Cape Canaveral, Florida (space shuttle and center)

      3) Orlando, Florida (Disney World and a lot more)

      4) Ocala, Florida (Don Garlits Museum)

      5) Tallahassee, Florida (Tallahassee car museum)

      6) Pensacola, Florida (Aviation Museum)

      7) Mobile, Alabama (???)

      cool image New Orleans, Louisiana (stuff ??)

      9) Talladega, Alabama (International Motorsports Museum)

      10) McDonough and Jonesboro, Georgia( S.S.S. and movie tour)

      11) Braselton,Georgia (Year One)

      Later Jeff


      Jeff, you forgot, Daytona cant you imagine all those birds parked on the beach with the ocean in the background??? That beach is awesome and it is so fun to drive on. Also Daytona RAcetrack????? just another suggestion.

      Brenda
       

       

      Brenda
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      2006 Ford Explorer
      2002 Pontiac Trans-Am WS6-LS1 (Hubbys)
    7. #17 May 24, 2009 at 6:09 pm

      MRSG2XS’s Profile Photo
      MRSG2XS
      Total posts: 116
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by mngregv  Hi everyone,

      I'm going to start something and hope it will come true...

      OK, Here is my wish for 2010... how about this, what if we started The Bandit Run 2010 a little earlier in the year, like during Daytona 500 week... Drive Snowman's rig and our cars around the Daytona race track before the Daytona 500 race... OK Red, can you get that arranged (I know you won't pass it up)... and Get Sally and Burt to meet and greet all of us in the infield after driving Snowman's rig and our cars around the track... Shannon did mention that if it started in Florida, he may do the 2010 Run... Not asking allot, But that is what I'd like to see... The Bandit Runners would go crazy... Not to mention the Nascar Fans... scratchchin image

      Greg


      OMG Greg, I just got goose bumps. I guess there is never a problem with starting it at anytime, but i think with year one, it has always been situated around the Year One experience. The only other thing is the weather most of the runners would have to drive thru, the snow, ice and cold. But that is a great idea. There is also the Daytona race in July, it runs around the 4th of July weekend.
      Gary also said it would be nice if we could do it around a long weekend when we have Monday off, like Memorial day or Labor day??? That way most people could stay Saturday night to enjoy the activities rather than having to head home.

      GREAT IDEA!!!!!!
      Brenda
       

       

      Brenda
      West Palm Beach, Florida
      2006 Ford Explorer
      2002 Pontiac Trans-Am WS6-LS1 (Hubbys)
    8. #18 May 26, 2009 at 10:02 pm

      Shaker’s Profile Photo
      Shaker
      Total posts: 1015
      Send Message
      Count me in!!! Oh heck - I'm in anyway even if it started in Maine! LOL Ryno!
      rotfl image

      I'm ready to go again now please.
      cool image
       

       

      "Ready to Roll Roy?"
      78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
      79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
      and a couple of others that will remain nameless!

    Page 2 of 2: << First < 1 2 Posts 11 – 18 of 18  

    This forum is locked  

    Forums > Discus 2009 Bandit Run > The chance of a lifetime

    Download Drive Magazine Now!

    Advertisements

        Special Offers & Deals

    Advertisement

     

    Cars > Groups > The Bandit Run > Forums > Discus 2009 Bandit Run > The chance of a lifetime

    Print your passion at Motortopia.com (http://www.motortopia.com)