Motortopia: Where your passion parks

Motortopia: Where your passion parks.

Why Join Motortopia? Show off what’s in your garage... Add Photos! Keep a Journal! Add Videos! Sell Parts!

  1. cars
  2. bikes
  3. boats
  4. planes

Cars > Groups > The Bandit Run > Forums > Whats your handle ? > Through the Glass CB Antenna

 
     

    Forum: Whats your handle ?

    • Topic: Through the Glass CB Antenna
    • Started by ICRAZY6 Mar 30, 2010 at 7:47 am
    • Last post by bigt232 May 13, 2010 at 5:18 am
    • This topic has been viewed 3074 times and has 23 replies
    more search options
     

    Topic: Through the Glass CB Antenna

    Forums > Whats your handle ? > Through the Glass CB Antenna

    Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 > Last >> Posts 1 – 10 of 24  

    1. #1 Mar 30, 2010 at 7:47 am

      ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
      ICRAZY6
      Total posts: 219
      Send Message
      As time grows closer to the Bandit Run this is one of the things that is needed for my car. So I want to know what people are using as far as through the glass CB antennas? What brand are you now or have you used? Distance for transmitte and receive? Once installed how hard is it to remove? Guessing that it needs to be on bare glass, ie no window tint. Lastly, where'd you get it and price?

      Thanks for alll the help.
      Ken
       

       

      How's this thing go back together???
    2. #2 Mar 30, 2010 at 8:00 am

      Littlewing’s Profile Photo
      Littlewing
      Total posts: 80
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by ICRAZY6  As time grows closer to the Bandit Run this is one of the things that is needed for my car. So I want to know what people are using as far as through the glass CB antennas? What brand are you now or have you used? Distance for transmitte and receive? Once installed how hard is it to remove? Guessing that it needs to be on bare glass, ie no window tint. Lastly, where'd you get it and price?

      Thanks for alll the help.
      Ken


      I got mine on ebay. I have a convert. and I put mine lust undrer th rear view mirror and the antanna it self screws off and on, ran it under the head linner. Itseems to work great .I don't remember ,I bought it as a combo CB& Ant. but I know it was under a 100.00
       

       

      99 TA owners David & Nancy Betz
    3. #3 Mar 30, 2010 at 8:12 am

      ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
      ICRAZY6
      Total posts: 219
      Send Message
      I've got a cb lined up for the run. If there was a spot to attach a magnet to my car, I could use the antenna too, but there isn't any place for that on our 4th gen cars. I've been thinking about the ebay ones. I stopped up at Flying J in Peru, IL and looked at what they had but they wanted $31 for one. Just weighing my options and trying to find something that works good.
      Thanks,
      Ken
       

       

      How's this thing go back together???
    4. #4 Mar 30, 2010 at 9:15 am

      chumbrother’s Profile Photo
      chumbrother
      Total posts: 290
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by ICRAZY6  I've got a cb lined up for the run. If there was a spot to attach a magnet to my car, I could use the antenna too, but there isn't any place for that on our 4th gen cars. I've been thinking about the ebay ones. I stopped up at Flying J in Peru, IL and looked at what they had but they wanted $31 for one. Just weighing my options and trying to find something that works good.
      Thanks,
      Ken


      thats just made me laugh me A$$ off."if there was a spot to attach a magnet to my car"..sweet holy moly.....I needed that........wally world or radio shack<(whats left of RS) got my antenna at wally world...plenty on ebay.....cb, antennas, etc.... hyper image
       

       

      Same Bat time.....
      Same Bat channel.......
    5. #5 Mar 30, 2010 at 10:54 am

      ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
      ICRAZY6
      Total posts: 219
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by chumbrother  thats just made me laugh me A$$ off."if there was a spot to attach a magnet to my car"..sweet holy moly.....I needed that........wally world or radio shack<(whats left of RS) got my antenna at wally world...plenty on ebay.....cb, antennas, etc.... hyper image


      It's true, rear decklid is all fiberglass along with t-bar roof top, front quarters, and hood. I had ran a magnetic mount on the t-bar it's self when I pulled the t-tops off but the magnet went flying off at about 40mph lmao image . So through the glass is the way I'm going this time.
       

       

      How's this thing go back together???
    6. #6 Mar 30, 2010 at 11:10 am

      Shaker’s Profile Photo
      Shaker
      Total posts: 1015
      Send Message
      If I had a fourth gen faced with your dilemma, I would most likely find or make a rear bumper mount from underneath. Just a thought.
       

       

      "Ready to Roll Roy?"
      78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
      79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
      and a couple of others that will remain nameless!
    7. #7 Mar 30, 2010 at 11:32 am

      the_loon’s Profile Photo
      the_loon
      Total posts: 119
      Send Message
      This what I used on last year's run. It worked great. I just used a hair dryer to remove it smile image

      http://cgi.eb...ht_500wt_1100

      if you look closely, you can see it mounted just high enough to avoid my wiper blade biggrin image

      http://www.fa...id=1519795072

      and yes... I mounted it on the front to save my window tint on the back.

      I hope this helps

      Loon
       

       

      1996 WS6 'Ram Air' Formula 1LE.
      1 of 524 '96 Factory WS6 Formulas
      1 of 10 '96 1LE (all Formula)

      Edited Mar 30, 2010 at 11:34 am

    8. #8 Mar 31, 2010 at 1:39 pm

      Shaker’s Profile Photo
      Shaker
      Total posts: 1015
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by the_loon  This what I used on last year's run. It worked great. I just used a hair dryer to remove it smile image

      http://cgi.eb...ht_500wt_1100

      if you look closely, you can see it mounted just high enough to avoid my wiper blade biggrin image

      http://www.fa...id=1519795072

      and yes... I mounted it on the front to save my window tint on the back.

      I hope this helps

      Loon


      Looking good Loon!! So are ya drivin' the 1LE car or the 'hawk?? biggrin image
       

       

      "Ready to Roll Roy?"
      78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
      79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
      and a couple of others that will remain nameless!
    9. #9 Mar 31, 2010 at 2:12 pm

      the_loon’s Profile Photo
      the_loon
      Total posts: 119
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Shaker  Looking good Loon!! So are ya drivin' the 1LE car or the 'hawk?? biggrin image


      the Girlfriend found out about the Mistress and has decided to throw a hissy fit and refuse to run properly.... codes are : EGR , CAT left side, misfire cyl #3.... and others. so.... Firehawk at this point. If I can get the GF going I plan on bringing both at the start for the Ban One show....

      Loon
       

       

      1996 WS6 'Ram Air' Formula 1LE.
      1 of 524 '96 Factory WS6 Formulas
      1 of 10 '96 1LE (all Formula)

      Edited Mar 31, 2010 at 2:13 pm

    10. #10 Mar 31, 2010 at 2:43 pm

      Shaker’s Profile Photo
      Shaker
      Total posts: 1015
      Send Message
      Quote:
      Originally posted by the_loon  the Girlfriend found out about the Mistress and has decided to throw a hissy fit and refuse to run properly.... codes are : EGR , CAT left side, misfire cyl #3.... and others. so.... Firehawk at this point. If I can get the GF going I plan on bringing both at the start for the Ban One show....

      Loon


      Wow! I will try to have both mine there but depends upon family availability and interest in driving the other one. frown image
       

       

      "Ready to Roll Roy?"
      78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
      79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
      and a couple of others that will remain nameless!

    Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 > Last >> Posts 1 – 10 of 24  

    login to reply  

    Forums > Whats your handle ? > Through the Glass CB Antenna

    Download Drive Magazine Now!

    Advertisements

        Special Offers & Deals

    Advertisement

     

    Cars > Groups > The Bandit Run > Forums > Whats your handle ? > Through the Glass CB Antenna

    Print your passion at Motortopia.com (http://www.motortopia.com)