- cecilia carpenter
About Huntsville’s King of the Street Drag Race
What is it: A drag race for street cars, with several ET classes to provide everyone an opportunity to compete.
Where is it: Huntsville Dragstrip (go to Huntsville dragway for directions and contact information).
When is it: Sunday April 20, 2008 gates open at 12:00. KOTS race starts at 2:00
How much: Standard entry fee of $15 to race or watch (12 & under free).
• Cars must be street legal: tags (no borrowed dealer tags) & registration, working lights, mufflers, DOT tires. All power adders are allowed and recommended.
• Participants will pre-register by submitting an application on HSVRacing.com (see Events Section). Entries accepted on race day until 1:30.
• Each participant will select an ET class to enter.
• Participants will park in a reserved pit area.
• Brackets will be drawn up by random selection, on race day.
• Event will be run on a .400 second Pro Tree (red light loses).
• 7.99 seconds or faster requires a helmet.
• Participants are encouraged to make test passes before the 2:00 start of race.
• This will be a single elimination race.
• ET class breakout will result in a loss.
• Final round competitors will be allowed to negotiate race terms before their final race (i.e. apply a no breakout rule)
• Class winners will receive a trophy and custom Rank Title on HSVRacing.com.
• King of the Street: This will be an unlimited, heads-up, run-what-you-brung race. Door slammers only; no tube chassis (back halves OK); street car restrictions do not apply.
• King 1: 6.00 to 6.49
• King 2: 6.50 to 6.99
• King 3: 7.00 to 7.49
• King 4: 7.50 to 7.99
• King 5: 8.00 to 8.49
• King 6: 8.50 to 8.99
• King 7: 9.00 to ?
• Pump Gas Class: Participants will have the option of creating a pump gas, heads-up, DOT tire class on race day.
Note: This race is not sponsored by hsvracing.com
Date and Time
Sun Apr 20, 2008 from 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm (CDT)
Location and MapHuntsville Dragway