Car Show, Convention
Feb 2– 4, 2007
Permanent Link to this event
Contact Information and Links
About Packards Grand Salon Concours d`Elegance
Good Gracious, its 2007! Out with the old, in with the new! Once again, it is time to mark your calendars, make your reservations and to get Daphne out of the well and dried off. It’s Membership Meet time in Orange County once again. February 2nd through February 4th, 2007 is the weekend for Packards International's 44th Annual Membership Meet. A full weekend of exciting activities awaits the Packard enthusiast, guaranteed to stir the blood and provide as much [automotive] stimulation as you can handle. Gone nearly 50 years, the name, the legend, and the cars that were Packard live on in our hearts and at Packards International’s Membership Meet.
Your National Board of Directors has arranged for a weekend of activities that will commemorate the automobile and the company while providing historical information and unique perspectives, to participating enthusiasts. This is your invitation to be a part of a memorable event. Some of the weekends planned activities include:
• Friday Packard Seminars during the day. Come and learn aspects of Packard restoration and detailing.
• Friday Evening Special Guest Speaker: David Gooding, CEO of Gooding and Company Auctioneers.
• The Packard Grand Salon Concour d'Elegance.
• Saturday Lunch with previous Packard Company Employees followed by questions and answers.
• Saturday Evening Dinner / Dance / Grand Salon Awards presentation
• "All Packard Parts and Literature Exchange", the largest Packard only Swap Meet west of the Mississippi.
• Bring the Kids and Grandkids! Youth judging Saturday afternoon. Bring out your future Packard
• Featured Car: “The Sporting Packard”. Since we finished our year by year count-down in 2005 and we
had elegant Packards in 2006, it is appropriate to give the sporting Packards their due.
• Silent Auction of Packard “treasures” to benefit the National Packard Museum in Warren, OH
All of our weekend’s activities will be based around the Doubletree Hotel in Orange, our host for the previous 16 Membership Meets. A block of rooms at an especially favorable price has been reserved in the name of
Packards International for this special event.
Date and Time
Fri Feb 2, 2007 – Sun Feb 4, 2007
9:00 am – 2:00 pm (CST)
Times are shown in America/Chicago time.
|Feb 2, 2007||9:00 am – 10:00 pm||Friday Hours|
|Feb 3, 2007||7:00 am – 7:00 pm||Saturday Hours|
|Feb 4, 2007||6:00 am – 2:00 pm||Sunday Hours|
Location and MapThe Doubletree Hotel
100 The City Drive