1957 Chevrolet 210 2 Door Sedan (Turdle)
Last updated Feb 17, 2012
You Can't Polish a
. . . . . . . . . . . . . ."TURDLE"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Low and Slow!!!
I purchased Turdle as a virgin North Dakota field car in July 2009. Since then she has undergone a body off, rotiserie resto/mod. A seasoned 350 with rebuilt turbo 350 and rebuilt stock 3.55:1 posi have been installed. The Surf Green & Colonial White two tone paint scheme has been completed and has colour complimentary flames. The interior features a Pete Ciadella, 55 Chev Delray green & ivory vinyl interior. No billet, no extra chrome, no air conditioning, no power windows! I'm going to use the K.I.S.S. rule on this build - KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID (I'm talking about me). The frame, suspension, brake, steering and air ride modification's have been completed; go to http://www.mi...m/1957-chevy/ or my albums for pictures of the suspension work done @ Mindliss Metalfab. It has a few "not-really-noticeable" to the general public body modifications (see if you can pick them out). She was completed in the spring of 2011.
210 two door sedan, Dusty Rose and India Ivory, six cylinder, three speed standard, one piece frame.
3743833 3.55:1 posi, manual tuning radio, deluxe heater, back up lights, vacuum windshield washers.
- Mindliss Metalfab designed the rear 4 link utilizing all custom tabs, dimpled accents and Thorbecke Bros link bars. A disc brake conversion and freshly rebuilt ultra rare 1957 casting #3743833, 3.55:1 posi rear end supported with F9000 sleeve bags; rounds out the rear suspension.
- Up front, ART StrongArms are used with Slam Specialties RE7 bags and a McGaughy’s 2" drop spindle and disc brake conversion. Custom valved Bilstein shocks from RCD Classics were installed on all 4 corners.
- The entire chassis has been sandblasted and powdercoated satin black for a clean, driver quality look. Go to my albums for pictures of the work done at Mindliss Metalfab.
- Seasoned 1986 350 4 bolt main, side mounted, stock 1994 Chevrolet serpentine belt system, 67 Camaro quadrajet and intake, repro 56 Olds double snorkle air cleaner, aluminized 2" rams horn exhaust manifolds, 2" dual exhaust with 3"x18" glass packs, expansion tips exiting before the rear differential.
- Turbo 350 with shift kit.
- Spare tire delete.
- 14 x 6 front and 15 x 6 rear Cragar SS (the best looking wheels ever put on a 57 Chevy).
- Speaker grill, ashtray, lighter, clock and radio openings filled.
- Ignition switch and radio/CD player in glove box.
- Pete Ciadella 1955 Chev Delray green and ivory stock vinyl biscuit interior (looks more custom than most custom interiors).
- Raingear wiper system.
- Vent window delete, smoked side and rear glass.
- Surf Green and Colonial White paint.
- Hood nosed & peaked, rockets and scoops removed.
- Fender louvers removed & smoothed.
- Chevrolet scripts removed.
- I appreciate a show car, but don't build them. I'm into quality, clean drivers; no trailers please.
- This will be my everyday summer driver, rain or shine.
- I hope you enjoy my build.
Permanent Link to this Car