1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo $uper $port SS (Hoodoo)
Last updated Dec 23, 2009
Hoodoo is my 3rd project. She was a trade for an 86' Camaro with $500 about 12 years ago making me the 2nd and last owner cause I don't see myself selling or trading her cause Hoodoo got me through some tough times and won me some money. Although we don't race no more, Hoodoo did the damn thing 4 times, undefeated in street races.
She was mint back then, light show inside, automatic trunk opener, ect. Only people I let drive her was my Pops and ex wife when drama struck and although while I was away, she sat for 6 years in her cage - the heart (engine) never died. Hell, this car wouldn't start on carb clearner, tune up or whatever unitll I dropped some St.Ides Malt Liquor into her. "I **** you not!" - sometimes ya gotta give ya buddy a drink.
She collected rust, flats, vermin nest,ect while in her cage. She should be dead or in worst condition like her owner but through some voodoo she's still alive and that's why I started calling her Hoodoo while making preparations to re-customize her with the help of my Cowboy Killers, lots of patience, hard work, sacrifice and trial and error.
A lot of stuff will be redone but I hope to keep the 305 forever cause man...that 305 is on some Hoodoo. I love that strong lil' heart. It never quits on me from fires, daily 4 season driving and idiotic mistakes like truck gas. Check mods to see the Hoodoo Customization list.
Original 305. I love this engine. Strong, dependable and easy to work around.
I've never timed her (I was too busy avoiding cars, people and stuff when I used to race her) but I've seen that dial shake like a womna having a nut at 120 on 3 occassions.
A 1988 Chevy Monte Carlo $uper $port Project
- Project Budgeted @ 18G / 3G done so far.
Hoodoo’s Doctors & Friends
Cowboy Killers / Westchester, Bronx NY & Iowa
Benji’s Shop / Ravine, Yonkers
Camello / War Burden, Yonkers
Al Boogie / Murderville, Westchester
Drew Light / Murdeville, Westchester
Skull & Bones Venues:
Jegs, Mavis, Summit Racing
Auto Zone, Strauss, Speedy’s
“Hoodoo Log” / (sorry for lack of daily pictures):
Engine (Stage 1)
1 22ounce of St. Ides Malt Liquor
Tow Truck/Complete Drain/Tune Up
600 CFM Carburetor (Street Legel & Electric Choke)
Air Cleaner (Signature Series)
- The wake up stage from 6 years sitting in her cage. I cleaned Hoodoo free of all the rat, bird and squirrel nests from her engine compartment. Between a total fluid drop, carburetor cleaner fluid, new sparks, battery and a 22 of St.Ides in the bowls of the engine, she finally started up. After a drag race (don’t ask why I raced a car that had been sitting for 6 years but I won), the stock carburetor set on fire and a new mild Edelbrook carb from Jegs’ was installed. Camello’s shop dropped all the old fluids and Benji’s shop did the rest with the carburetor.
Exhaust System (Stage 1)
Temporary Cat- Converter
- The exhaust was completely rotted. The mufflers had holes in them, her heart couldn’t breathe and overall lacked its true power. Plans were made to install a total complete new exhaust system later but for now Benji installed a Cat Converter for Hoodoo to be a daily driver. This would be a year later that the new exhaust was installed. This car is ****ing strong and I love her.
Audio & Interior (Stage 1)
Murderville Ghetto music system
Temporary Windshield Wiper Motor
Auto Zone Windshield Wipers
Skull door locks
Skull tire plugs
Skull Rearview Mirror
Between saving up to start the massive new exhaust system, several little oddities were done that I did with the help of The Cowboy Killers and Al Boogie (the go to ace fix it all master on 3rd ave in Murderville). I wasn’t going to get beats but my homey and boss Henry “Headbanger” Terry gave me a Sony head unit and his Godfather, Al Boogie installed my “Hood” system with various speakers from other units. I was grateful and said **** it – I got beats! – to hold me till I updated the audio system but for now the Murderville beats bump real nice in Hoodoo.
Other things were added on like skull door locks, a kicker box in the trunk, ect oddities with the help of the Cowboy Killers in the summer of 08. Due to a stupid mistake on my part cause I was so happy one cold winter night after a busy day of hustling, I cleared an art show deal and was in a rush to get to some girls’ crib to celebrate with smoke, liquor and x-rated action, I ran out of gas. Because I was cold and wasn’t paying attention, I put a gallon or two of truck gas into Hoodoo. The next day I had another Murderville go to guy called Drew Light install a new gas tank. The engine still ran strong. I love that engine. Drew Light would also later install some temporary door locks and readjust my electric windows.
Tires & Suspension (Stage 1)
Cooper Cobra White Walled Tires (back 245/60/R15)
Mavis (front 215/60/R15) “**** it” Tires
- The tires were balled and had to go. Benji got me these 245/60s Cobras for the back. I thought they be bigger but “freak it” I needed new tires and they still had a fat look to them. Later I got some 215s “brandless-**** it” tires for the front from Mavis cause the balled ones in the front blew out on me on x-mas eve. Would you believe that ****? I plan on updating the Tires later cause I wanna go cartoon muscle style with Hoodoo’s kicks.
Exhaust System (Finale)
Flow Tech’ X-Pipes w/cut outs (387-53631) 3’inch
Flowmaster 50DeltaFlowMufflers (389-943050) 3”inch center
Flow Tech Shorty Headers / (BIG49100FLT)
(Headers) Oxygen Sensor
- I went overboard getting 3’ race pipes and should’ve got Headmen Long Headers instead of Camaro short headers which resulted in me and Benji doing extra labor and cost. In the future, Headmen “long” headers will replace them. Because the pipe were so big, sitting real low to the ground it proved not safe to drive after I ruined a right side wheel brushing a week after the exhaust was done. Plus the brakes, steering, suspension and cooling system needed upgrading. After 3 years on the road, helping me make money, Hoodoo would go back to her cage and sit for what’s been a year now till I’m able to get the Tires/Suspension Stage 2 & Cooling System/Tune up Stage 1 done.
Next Up in finishing Hoodoo:
Tires & Suspension (Stage 2)
Jegs (355-3-18110G) A/G Body 88 Hyper-Flex Brushing Master Set
Summit’ (4) Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks
Jegs’ (4) (396.3803.140) Eibatch “Pro-Kit” Springs
Jegs’ Moog/ (719-BALLJOINT) $27+Upper and Bottom Ball Joints
ORPG Right Rear Wheel Cylinder
Summit’ (SUM-770501) Street & Strip traction bars (paint white)
Summit Chrome-Chain steering wheel 3’ spoke/5 ½ (GRT-741)
Junkyard Steering Wheel Column (Benji Styled)
Summit’ (FLA-FR30001-“30-33inch”) Steering Wheel Column
Jegs’ Brake Line
Inlinetube.com / (CMB8102) 84-88 Power Disc Brake Line 7pc / stainless steel
Summit’ Semi Metallic Brake Pads (set)
Cooling System- Tune Up (Stage 1)
Open or repair defroster
ORPG Stock Replacement Radiator
Summit SUM-890020 / 18-Circuit Column Electrical Re-Up /
Cooling System – Tune Up (Stage 2)
Full Tune Up / Jegs’ “EZ HEI Upgrade Kit” (729-929GK.-1001K)
Water Pump (Undecided)
Auto Zone New Hose Set
(Undecided) Transmission / Jegs
Jegs’ Turbo 350 Street Performance Transmission (555-60300)
Summit B&M Torque Converter (BMM-20412) TH-350 12’
Body (Stage 1) /
Headlight Bezel replacements / $30x4?
Headlight Retaining Ring replacements / $25x4?
Front Bumper replacement?
Right Door replacement?
Re Adjust power windows
New Passenger Door Key Locks
Taillight Set Replacement
(Summit) Hardwood 4’ Cowl Hood (HRD29101)
(Hoodpins.com) Hood Pins (Painted to match Body skin)
Repair Doors & T-Top Re-Weather Stripping
Body grinded, bandaged, sanded, aliened & painted
Stock/Winter Rims painted blk or cleaned
Engine (Finale) /
Jegs’ Gasket Set (555-210081)
Jegs’ GM Vortec Cylinder Heads (809-12558060)
Summit’s Edelbrook Victor Manifold / (EDL2975)
Summit’s Comp Cams’ Kit (CCA-K12-210-2)
Summit’s Steel Oil Pan (SUM-G3503X)
(Undecided) Engine Dress Up Kit
Tires & Suspension (Finale)
(Undecided) Upgrade Suspension
(Undecided but -) Martin Bros. Slick Star Rims
(Summit) 29-31x18 Hoosiers’ Pro-Street tires for the back (HOO-19250)
(Summit) P235/60D/R15 BFGoodrich Radial T/A’s in front (BFG-54712)
Headlight Shades ( Infused with flame paint job)
Graphics (Hood Flames, Hoodoo Girls & Monster Hustlers)
Light System Upgrade (Lighting Maroon Ultra Beams)
Window Tilted Work
Shaved door / Automatic Starter/open lock upgrade
Autoloc Suicide Door Treatment
Autoloc Airhornsofttexas.com Truck Horn
Hoodoo Personalized License Plates
Interior (Finale ) & Audio (Finale)
Dynamat Installation KITS
Maroon & White Upholstered Interior & Trunk Customization
Update Audio (Undecided Amp & Surround System)
3 Customized Biology Skulls (Rear Brake Light & Door Speaker Covers)
HEI or LedGlow updated gauges & interior lights (Maroon)
(Undecided) brake, accelerator & emergency brake pads
Hoodoo Girl “Lucky 13 Apparel” Front Floor Mats
BootyBabeDolls.com’s Franken Booty Babe Doll Update
Dashboard & Console “Hoodoo Hustle themed” Graphics
Security System / Horn $ Pending Est.
(Undecided) The electro shock treatment
Permanent Link to this Car