Photos in the “Hoodoo. Chapter II” Album
- Description: Plans, work & customs done from 2007-2009
Engine (Stage 1)
Exhaust System (Stage 1)
Audio & Interior (Stage 1)
Tires & Suspension (Stage 1)
Exhaust System (Stage 2)
Interior (Stage 2)
08/30/07 Edelbrock carburetor, adaptor, air cleaner, fuel cleaner $500
- I brought the carb from Jeggs Performance Parts. The Adaptor from Flip’s Speedy Speed Shop in Yonkers. The air cleaner was from Auto Zone. Benji copped the fuel cleaner and did all the labor work where he also set the idles.
08/31/07 Cat converter welding, cut off extra horses / emission extras (illegally) $150
- SS finally able to ride again on the road without tremendous hold ups like losing power. Me and Benji rode around in SS for 1 hour till we discovered the converter was busted because of the drag racing fire. Always a fire? So Benji installed a new one. “Yeah, I know Benji. Nothing over 90 miles per hour till I put the Flowmaster system on.”
09/00/07 Temporary Sony Radio & Speakers (Murdeville Ghetto Style Set up) $75
- Originally this was supposed to be a job about redoing Hoodoo’s power windows & door locks. But my mans and them “Al Boogie” (3rd Ave all-purpose-dude) who handwashed Hoodoo in the summer wanted to hook up beats in the Hoodoo anyway. I worked as a bounty hunter so my boss and friend “Henry “HEADBANGER” Terry hooked us up with a Sony he decided not to put in his Lexus. Al Boogie took out some worn speakers and replaces them with various speakers from (?). Al placed a wire door hanger for an antenna but I took it out cause I never listen to the radio when I cruise and the **** just looked tacky. I then proceeded to rearrange one of the speakers (strapped) on the rear brake light for an “Ol’ Skool Rod” feel for this temporary Ghetto Style Funky Audio set up till I upgrade the Hoodoo’s audio system in late 08.
10/17/07 Opening up Defrost and Heat vents. $25
- Al Boogie did the damn thing. Gave me a discount because he was pissed with doing work on Ol’ Dirty’s whip and I was patience or cool I reckon about the whole thing after over a month with my ****. It’s a Mt.Vernon-Harlem thing I reckon. **** it, I’ll ride with Mt.Vernon cause its apart of my county. I’m a child of Westchester Couunty.
10/21/07 Customized Chrome Skull Rear View Mirror. $23
- Found this item at a Mexican mamma’s & poppa’s funky gangster lean store called Aztec Pride in Lil’ Mexico, Southside Yonkers. I was actually looking for a customized skull gear shifter knob similar to the one Frankenstein’s monster had in Death Race, but I copped this instead. My mans and them. I love Yonkers. One of my favorite cities in my beloved Westchester County. I had the mirror in my trunk for a week till I put it on while unsuccessful again in fixing my busted windshield wipers.
10/ 26/07 Customized Interior Console and Panel Sketching (negotiation price)
- King Kirk and his crew of artists at Elegance in Yonkers revitalized the costs, time and effort of matching Hoodoo’s interior that’ll consist of my detailed VintageRIVSMAN murals for the gear shift, door panels, and console.
11/03/07 New Cooper Cobra 275/60/15 white walled tires for the back. $250
- I knew the old tires would blow but was surprised the back blew before the fronts. So I got a set of 275/60/15s for the back. It’s only temporary because I want to have the real cartoon big wheels like I had on my “71 Gangster 455” and “86 Shark Camaro”. Benji found them from his boy in the Bronx and we gonna rock with these back tires and a set of 245/60/15 for the front till I get the “Slick Star II” rims from The Martin Bros that are being made to fit these 320 big wheels I want later. For some reason, these new rims on the market were never designed to go with big cartoon white walled tires. I ain’t feeling the skinny tires the dogs rock now.
11/17/07 Wiper motor, electric windows, new door locks & window switches. $200
- Benji ordered the windshield wiper motor from Auto Zone in South Yonkers (which is the last time we will be dealing with them because they couldn’t deliver the part in time and were over priced. Benji was pissed) He stripped both doors off (I kinda liked the stripped ol’ skool ghetto look without the panels and rode like that for 2 weeks) and came to find out that the motor is good on the drivers’ side but the switch is worn out. On Sunday b/f diner at Shorty’s I went to R&S Strass to see my man Fat Glue about the door locks and questioned him about this “new” voiced programmed/multi shock security system for shaved doors. I plan on getting the doors shaved when Hoodoo gets to my Uncle’s body shop in White Plains.
12/07 / The Hoodoo’s new Exhaust System.
- Sorry…I just stopped keeping logs / updates and new pics coming soon.
- By: Rivs
- Filed under: 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo $uper $port SS (Hoodoo)
- Number of photos: 10
- Updated: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:59 pm
Page 1 of 1: 1 Photos 1 – 10 of 10
Page 1 of 1: 1 Photos 1 – 10 of 10