Challenges 1 of 1
2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 (SD455)
Last updated Mar 19, 2008
The goal was to create an02 TransAm WS6 LS1 normally aspirated motor capable of running 10 sec in the quarter mile in full street trim.
That means closed exhaust, street tires, full tank of gas, while shifting in a conservative manner, be streetable and have vintage cubic inches with a modern LS1 motor.
With a resleeved, bored and stroked LS1, we met our goal, and was featured in GM High Tech Performance magazine. Pics and details.
This car was built as a guaranteed 10 sec street performer.
This car was at the track only once on Nov 25, 06 Atco, NJ. Ran 10.92, 1.55 60' @ 127mph with street tires, closed exhaust, full tank of gas and granny shifting.
Car was completed in Nov 06, 2006. There are only 800 miles on the engine and drivetrain, 17k miles on body/chassis.
Car was on Dyno Dynamics dyno on June 8th, 07. 536 RWHP, 520 FtLb torque. Torque curve was almost straight up hitting 500 FtLb by 3400 rpm.
Engine Specifications – ALL parts for this build are new. There were NO used parts used in this build, ALL parts for were new.
• 455 cu.in LS1
• Original VIN # LS1 aluminum block, 4.200 wet sleeves by Race Engineering Developement,for more info on the resleeving of this block. You may call Steve at 760-630-0450 or email Steve at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Lunati forged 4.125” crankshaft
• Lunati 6.125 Pro-billet connecting rods
• Custom JE pistons coated top and sides, gas ported
• 11.1 CR .040 quench
• JE Proseal ring set
• Comp cams custom grind 248/254 .615/.623 on 112 lsa
• Clevite-Calico coated bearings
• ARP main, rod and cylinder head fasteners
• ARF 225 72cc chamber heads
• OEM Harlind Sharp rebuilt rockers.
• ATI Super damper
• FAST 90mm Intake
• Nick Williams 90mm Throttle Body
• SLP air lid w/smooth belows
• Kooks 1 ¾ x 1 7/8 stepped stainless headers
• Custom fabricated @ KOOKS Custome Headers, true 3” over the axle duals. High-flow metallic cats, X-pipe, resonators, mufflers and 3 ½” Corsa Pro-tips
• Exhaust thread here: http://www.ls....php?t=599926
o The largest viewed, non sticky, Gen III external post!
o Please check this post for undercarriage pics.
• Stock OEM T-56
• SPEC 3+ clutch
• SPEC High Performance Aluminum Flywheel
• OEM fuel tank
• Walbro 255 in-tank fuel pump
• OEM fuel lines
• 42lb / hour injectors
• Ported GM oil pump
• Evan Water pump
• Evans coolant
• Evans high flow 160* thermostat
• Evans 2lb psi pressure cap.
• OEM Radiator
• OEM twin fans
• Speed Density tune by Brian Reese – Reese Perfromance Engineering Please contact Brain @ 732-267-8035 for any questions on the tune. You can also contact Brian Reese at: email@example.com
• PST 3” Aluminum driveshaft rated for 1200 hp.
• Moser 12 bolt rear, 4.30 gears, 33 spline axles, cast aluminum LPW cover
• BMR Adj. Panhard bar , BMR Panhard relcation for 3” duals
• BMR adjustable chassis mounted Torque arm
• BMR rear sway bar
• OEM springs
• BMR front sway bar
• OEM unibody (no wheel tubs)
• BMR weld-in subframe connectors
• BMR transmission mount
• Cross drilled and slotted rotors
• SLP roll control (line lock)
Wheels and Tires
• Front: Chrome C6 265x35x18x9.5 BFG G-Force Sport
• Rear: Chrome C6 315x30x18x10.5 BFG G-Force TA Drag Radials
• OEM - Special WS6 Headrests
• OEM console
• Raptor shift light hidden in upper left HVAC vent.
• OEM black paint, no modifications
Permanent Link to this Car