2007 harley clone old school not much
“back in black”
2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight Raven (blacked out)
Head to Head
About “back in black”
No about text available for “back in black”
About “Black Mamba”
Got it on September 9, 2008.
It was a new leftover from 2006, that had never been sold, never had fluids in it, never been started etc. etc.
It sat on a show room floor for a few years befor my wife found it and talked the people down on the asking price at the dealer, so we got it for $9,800 out the door, and it is a $16,000 motorcycle new, like it was... (they where asking $14,800)
We got it with "0" (no) miels on it.
And rode it home from WI to IN...
Just over 370mi one way!
What a rush!
Specs for “back in black”
No specifications listed.
Specs for “Black Mamba”
- Type 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke 100mm x 118mm
- Compression Ratio 9.48:1
- Carburetion Twin-bore fuel injection, w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission 5-speed, w/multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive Belt
-Suspension/Front 46mm telescopic fork with adjustable preload; 5.1” travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, 4.3” travel
- Brakes/Front 298mm hydraulic, dual discs
- Brakes/Rear 320mm hydraulic, single disc
- Tires/Front 130/70-18
- Tires/Rear 190/60-17
- Wheels 12-spoke cast
- Length 101.6”
- Width 43.3”
- Height 59.6"
- Seat Height 27.8”
- Wheelbase 67.5”
- Wet Weight 802 lb
- Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal.
Factory Options for “back in black”
No factory options listed.
Factory Options for “Black Mamba”
- A pair of streamlined leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, an adjustable, quick-detachable windshield and a quick-detachable passenger backrest make the Stratoliner excellent for long hauls and short trips.
- Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection ensures optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design, gives the Stratoliner a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser, thanks to a low center of gravity feel and a near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
- The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly.
- 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000-rpm range.
Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of the Stratoliner’s power and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid and requires few welds for a smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-Fill swingarm casting complements the bike’s streamline style.
- With 49.6 percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Stratoliner Midnight has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut stainless covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar carries the Stratoliner Midnight’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60-17 rear.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel.
- Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- A resculpted seat makes the Stratoliner Midnight an excellent place to sit on long rides.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Stratoliner Midnight.
- Classic clock-style instrumentation complements Stratoliner Midnight’s neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags (quick-removable for cleaning), a quick-removable windshield that locks into place and a locking, quick-detachable passenger backrest provide security.
- xygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
Mods for “back in black”
No modifications listed.
Mods for “Black Mamba”
- Cobra Long Exhaust
- Cobra Fueler
- Cobra Pasenger Floorboards
- Front signal lenses to replace rear signal lenses that look like cones. (I did not like there look)
- Removed the quick-removable windshield - permanetly. (I do not like windshields)
- Added Blue LEDs.
- Custom Lay Down Plate.
I have some other things I plan on doing to it over the next few months to make it diferent from all the other Stratoliners out there. I will update the pictures and its info as I get things done.
twhotrod1968 has no Car photo albums.
Vote This challenge has ended!
|Points for back in black||Total Votes||Points for Black Mamba|