2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible
1988 Chevrolet Camaro
Head to Head
About “The Jag”
I've always like the timeless styling and grand touring sensibilities of the first generation XK8/XKR and thanks to Jaguar's notorious depreciation, they finally came into my price range. I searched for months to find one I wanted (prefer an XKR but accept an XK8, it had to be black or british racing green, had to have cashmere leather, had to be in great shape, ideally a coupe but I'd take a convertible) I drove about 250 miles to finally drive one...that turned out to be a dud. I had all but given up hope and expanded my search even farther...when this one popped up about 30 miles from my house. The information posted on the internet was incorrect and there were no pictures, but I had to take a look. Once I saw her, I knew she was the one. Perfect condition, acceptable price, and optioned exactly as I wanted (loaded except navigation and mobile phone)
Cool Ride of the Week for April 1, 2010
This was my first Camaro, and the beginning of my Camaro addiction. It came stock with a 305, but somewhere down the line that got tossed out for the 350 it has in it now. It may be "just another 3rd gen" Camaro, but I love this car. You'll never see a for sale sign on this window! Someday I will get around to fixing it up a bit. I originally wanted a 383 in it, but I may just try to squeeze a few more ponies out of the motor it's got now. We shall see...
Specs for “The Jag”
* 4.0L (3996cc) DOHC V8 (Jaguar AJ27)
* 86 mm Bore x 86 mm Stroke
* 10.75:1 Compression Ratio
* ~300 HP / 300 lb-ft.
* 155 MPH Top Speed (Electronically Limited)
Specs for “Maro”
350 TBI, 700R4
Factory Options for “The Jag”
* British Racing Green
* Classic Leather Package (in Cashmere)
* Burled Walnut dash, grain matched
* Sport Package (with 18" Sport wheels)
* Riken Raptor ZR tires in staggered fitment
* Winter Package with Heated Seats
* Heated rear glass and side mirrors
* Electrochromatic self-dimming mirror
* Automatic Climate Control
* Automatic tilt/telescoping wheel for easier ingress/egress
* Alpine 10 speaker Premium Sound (with dual subwoofers) AM/FM/Cassette with 6 disk CD changer and steering wheel controls
* Trip computer
* Rain sensing wipers
* Headlight washers
* Rear "seats" for double leg amputees
* Cup holders
* Homelink System with three garage door openers
Factory Options for “Maro”
a/c, power steering, power windows, manual locks, electric hatch
Mods for “The Jag”
* LSI Controls, Inc. Jaguar Hydraulic Upgrade (Pressure Regulator)
* Custom hidden switch to disable the automatic antenna for those times when you don't want a big antenna popping up.
* Custom 2½" mandrel bent exhaust with custom H-pipe and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. Courtesy of Exhaust Pros, Brookings, SD
* B&I Trim custom wood dash kit in factory match burled walnut. This bridges the factory wood dash and factory wood shifter surround by covering the black plastic around the center stack.
* Three Piece XKR grille.
* 2 Kicker CVT65 2? Subwoofers in stock location
* Polk DXi6500 6½" Component system with woofer and tweaters in stock locations (factory supertweeters retained)
* WhiteXKR's remote control top mod
* WhiteXKR's independent rear window control mod
* H&K or Mina Gallery lowering springs
Mods for “Maro”
Nothing special, just whatever it takes to keep it on the road.
Photo Albums 1 – 1 of 1
Photo Albums 1 – 1 of 1
Vote This challenge has ended!
|Points for The Jag||Total Votes||Points for Maro|