1988 Pontiac Trans/Am WS6 T/A
1968 Ford Mustang GT 500 Tribute
Head to Head
I bought this car new in 1987 Nov...model year 1988. know as a pre-year...I guess I just had to be the first to drive the new model year before anyone else..I have driven every mile on this car, over 250K... Then I was going to have some drive train work done while I was in Egypt working, the shop had parked my car outside the entire time and did a half ass job. So when I returned back home, I took the car back from this butcher shop and called on Hawkins Engineering to save the day...car is still a project, but when I get home from Afghan/Kuwait, it should be finish..Jan 2013... (Up Date) Got a call from Burce, it looks like a meeting is required before he'll continue the project, and it must be a person to person meeting with car....this can't be any good...the new dirve train is in however and the car is rolling on its own power, that in its self a huge step forward. we'll find out this Nov. 2012 when I come home for a visit...
About “Shelby Tribute”
This is my hobby/weeekend cruiser. It started out as a Raven Black '68 Mustang fastback built in the San Jose Plant. I bought it out of state but it hadn't been registered and still sports its original California Black Plates. I've been slowly working at it for aobut 4 years and have now reached a pretty nice state! It's now a Shelby GT 500 tribute car that looks and performs very nicely!
Specs for “Attitude”
Just notice the pics...and come to your own conclusion of time and cost....
Specs for “Shelby Tribute”
* Shelby GT 500 exterior appointments (Charcoal Grey Metallic with white LeMans striping)
* Shelby GT 500 console, gauges and seatbelt emblems
* Ford Racing 392 c.i. crate motor (475hp; 496 lbs/ft torque)
* MSD 6AL Electronic Ignition
* Tremec TKO (5 spd) original designed shifter handle and shift knob with 5 spd pattern
* Aluminum driveshaft
* Ford 9" Rear End
* '68 Shelby GT 500 Exhaust
* Be Cool Aluminum radiator (dual electric fans)
* 4 wheel slotted disc brakes (frnt red powder coated SSBC 4 piston calipers, rear red powder coated '04 Mustang Cobra calipers)
* Shelby 15" 10-spoke aluminum wheels
Factory Options for “Attitude”
back in the day it was a 305 TPI with 210HP...now...an LS1 out of a GTO with a few mode done...
Factory Options for “Shelby Tribute”
* J Code (302) V-8
* Auto trans
* A/C (no longer hooked up)
* 9 inch rear end (posi)
* Bucket Seats
* Deluxe Interior
Mods for “Attitude”
lots and lots
Mods for “Shelby Tribute”
* Full '68 Shelby Cobra GT 500 Exterior Body
* Charcoal Grey Metallic w/White LeMans Striping
* '68 Shelby 10 spoke aluminum wheels
* Ford Racing 392 Crate Motor (475 hp; 495 lbs/ft torque)
* Tremec TKO 5 spd
* Aluminum driveshaft
* 9" Rear End
* Aluminum Radiator (dual electric fans)
* 4 wheel slotted disc brakes (SSBC 4 piston caliper front; '04 Mustang Cobra rear)
Photo Albums 1 – 1 of 1
“Shelby Tribute” has no photo albums.
Vote This challenge has ended!
|Points for Attitude||Total Votes||Points for Shelby Tribute|