About me and my passion for cars
It all starts way back when I was born. Dad used to run Sprint Cars in the early '70's so we were always around race cars, he was an ace motor mechanic, so I followed, always hanging around the cars while they were getting worked on. Although I didn't qualify as a motor mechanic myself, I went and got an Aircraft Maintenence Engineering ticket instead. Cars are my hobby.
My first car
1970 VG Valiant Coupe (Australian version of '69 Dodge Dart)
Car I wish I still had
*1969 VF Valiant Coupe (Austrlian version of '69 Dodge Dart),321ci V8, 13.6@104MPH
*1969 Rambler Javelin (RED)343V8 AUTO
*1973 Dodge Challenger (GOLD)
My dream car
Porsche 1990 928 GT
1970 AMX 390V8 4sp
Alfa Romeo 8C
At least I'm driving one (Porsche 928)
Car clubs I’m in
Porsche 928 Australia.
AM Javelin Register.
- Type of racing: Drag Racing, High Speed Touring
- Driver: Peter Brock (King of the Mountain X 10) / Mark Donohue (from corvette to Can-Am Porsche 917)
- Driving song: Van Halen, Foo Fighters, Powderfinger, AC/DC
- Car movie: Mad Max the origanal/ Running On Empty/ Hot Rod
- Car book: The Unfair Advantage
- Car magazine: Australian Muscle Car magazine
About me and my passion for planes
Sarted with a major Airline in Australia as an Aircraft Maintenence Engineer at 17, went on to Engine and system testing with Honeywell. Have flown in single engine Piper A/C but still no licence. Now at 37 I'm still enjoying working aircraft particularly military Aircraft.
- Pilot: Me
- Airport: Essendon
- Flying destination: Philip Island
- Flight simulator: nothing like the real thing
- Aviation magazine: any testing magazine
— Profile last updated: Jul 2, 2010