About me and my passion for cars
My name is Terry. I have wanted to own and drive a Corvette since the first time I saw one as a kid of 15. It was a 66 red coupe. From that day on I didn't care what year or color I just knew I wanted a Vette. I got side tracked for almost 40 years with a stop in between to have and raise my son and daughter. My wife (not their Mother) passed away in January of 2000. Before she died she made me promise her that I would not forget the dream to own a Corvette. After she passed away I started devoting all my attention to my long time desire and promise I made to myself at age 15 to own a Corvette and live the car show/car club life style. I got my first Vette in 05, a burgandy 88 coupe in near perfect condition which I affectionately named "Lil Angel" after my late wife. That car was my daily driver up until it reached 100,000 miles. Now she is my long distance driver for vacations and Sunday drives. In September of 2007 I purchased my 78 black coupe. She was a little rough around the edges but I've since done a 90% restoration to bring her up to the condition I want her in for my dependable driving show car. I spend most of my spare time driving to car shows or working on my cars improving them and doing routine maintenance.
My first car
I had to get a way to go to work because I didn't like walking. When I was 19 I bought a 63 Galaxie XL500. I put some dual cherry bombs on it and some fat tires in the back and raked the front. Added some mag wheels and a rockin 8 track stereo and I thought I'd arrived.
Car I wish I still had
When I was 21 I bought a 66 Mustang with a 289 stick. If I'd only known then what I know now.
My dream car
I'm driving em now. My daily driver is a 88 Vette with a 4+3 4spd and my toy is a black on black 78 C3 with a 5 spd.
Car clubs I’m in
"Friends&Vettes" of the Lafayette Louisiana area.
The Bayou State Corvette Club
The National Corvette Club of America.
- Type of racing: NASCAR, Drag Racing, World of Outlaws, American LaMans, Bush Series, Remax, Modifieds, Late Models, Monster Trucks.....did I miss anything?
- Driver: Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Jr., John Force, Dennis Anderson, Steve Kinser,
- Driving song: Deep Purple's 'Highway Star', ZZ Topp's 'Sparks on High' <(I think thats the name) And ZZ Topp's ' I'm Bad, I'm Nation Wide', Golden Earing's 'Radar Love', Jan & Dean's 'Dead Man's Curve', & Wicket Picket's 'Mustang Sally'
- Car movie: Two Lane Blacktop, Vanishing Point, American Graffiti, StingRay
- Car book: They make them?
- Car magazine: Corvette Magazine
- Car game: Sorry, too busy toolin' on em & drivin' ta car shows.
— Profile last updated: May 18, 2014