About me and my passion for cars
I have been involved in Drag Racing since High School (1960) Have had MANY cars over the years. Wish I had kept more pics! I am sad that I have been forced to retire from drag racing due to health. I had a great 53 years on the tracks across the country, but am now looking forward to touring same country in my 82 Vette!
My thanks to my Mother, Marie..8/23/16 - 6/21/08 for her understanding and support of my racing addiction over the past 50yrs. She was was an avid John & Ashley Force fan and supporter, and also a great fan of my NASCAR buddy Carl Edwards. She will be missed both at home & at the track!
Thanks for visiting my pages!
My first car
'50 Ford coupe with 354 DeSoto Hemi. The engine was later replaced with 383 Merc w/8 dueces,and then once again with 409 Chevy & Muncie 4 spd.
Car I wish I still had
70 El Camino Drag car (Neon Freon), My 1961 401hp 390ci SS/SA Ford Starliner.
My 84 Hurst Olds
My dream car
Jag XJ12, Panterra, 61 Starliner
Car clubs I’m in
KingPins Aurora, CO 1958-1962
Puffers Aurora, CO 1962-1964
Rod Benders Denver, CO 1965-1970
Strippers Houston, TX 1972-1983
Colorado Timing Assn. 1985-1987
Plainsmen Denver, CO 1987-1989
Regulators Cuero, TX 1992-Present
Vets with Vettes
- Type of racing: Drag Racing (Super Comp Door Slammers) Nostalgia Drag Racing
- Driver: Dave Connolly / V. Gaines
- Driving song: The Blonde in the 406 / The Scavenger / Oh Atlanta
- Car movie: Funny Car Summer / Hollywood Knights / Hot Rods to Hell
- Car book: RULE BOOKS! NHRA& IHRA
- Car magazine: Super Chevy
- Car game: Cars arent for playing games.......they are for RACING!!!
— Profile last updated: May 16, 2014