About me and my passion for cars
My love of cars surely comes from my dad's genes (God rest his soul). He always told stories about street racing in high school and watching drag racing at Great Bend KS. But he had 3 kids by the time he was 22 and was a self-employed cattle man working 60 hours a week, so he no longer had time for a car hobby. We never talked much about cars during my youth and didn't do any "car stuff" together. But like most of us Trans Am lovers, something clicked when I watched Smokey and the Bandit in '77. I went on to work 2 jobs in high school to finally get my first TA at age 17, and have been a Trans Am junkie ever since.
I'm into everything car-related - Car shows, cruise nights, drag races, swap meets, NASCAR, dirt tracks, you name it. If you're really bored, you can check out some of the Photo albums in My Garage for photos of my past cars, races, car shows, and my current TA.
I'm also in the Bandit Trans Am Club gallery at: http://www.ba...n-Hockersmith
My first car
'73 Plymouth Satellite, See photo in the "Vehicles" section of My Garage.
Car I wish I still had
I wish I still had my first TA, a black '77 with 400, 4-speed and T-Tops. Not an SE, but I was in high school and didnt care. Unfortunately I totalled it. I've got a photo album "My First Trans Am" in the "Photos and Videos" section of My Garage.
My dream car
I already have it - my dual carb '77 SE. And it will truly be my dream car when I convert the dual carb setup back to stock with a shaker hood scoop and all the "Bandit" stripes decals. It's nice knowing that this dream will come true someday, possibly with a little help from Restore-A-Musclecar! (Currently saving my pennies.....)
Car clubs I’m in
KC Arrowheads chapter of POCI
Trans Am chapter of POCI, but it may be dormant, haven't heard from them in awhile
Bandit Trans Am Club (My TA gallery is at:
National Firebird & Trans Am Club (NAFTAC)
Kansas City Pontiac Motorsports Club (KCPMC) - mostly an online club at http://kcpmc.proboards44.com/
Bandit Run 2007
- Type of racing: Drag Racing (NHRA at Topeka KS, Local Drags at KCIR in KC MO, NASCAR at Kansas Speedway, Dirt track racing at Lakeside Speedway in KC KS
- Driver: NHRA - No real favorites in Nitro classes, gotta love champ Greg Anderson in Pro Stock Pontiacs; NASCAR - Clint Bowyer (home town Kansas boy!) and Tony Stewart (former Pontiac driver)
- Driving song: "East Bound & Down" of course! Though a couple AC/DC tunes are a close 2nd and 3rd.
- Car movie: SATB - What other car movie is there?
- Car book: My '77 TA Owners Manual
- Car magazine: High Performance Pontiac & Pontiac Enthusiast, can't decide which is better. Any All-Pontiac magazine is good with me.
- Car game: Driving my TA like a maniac and listening to my kids scream in the back seat.
— Profile last updated: May 18, 2009