Filtered Content: This photo may not be appropriate for work.

Today I spent over 3 hours polishing one valve cover for my new engine build. It turned out pretty good. First I wetsanded the whole thing down with 1500 grit paper. There was a lot of pitting so that evened out the surface pretty good. Then I used a buffing wheel with polishing compound and then just buffed it out with a clean cloth. It's not perfect, but it's pretty close and I saved a lot of money by doing it myself. You can see all the pictures related to my engine build here.
I also started a photo album showing how I installed 8" subwoofers in the sailpanels while keeping the interior looking stock. You can see that album here.