With Super Chevy magazine celebrating its 40th anniversary, The Grove again pulled out all the stops making this edition one of the track’s “must see” events. Presented by Chevrolet Performance and Original Parts Group, this year’s Super Chevy Show included:
• The largest car show in the series featured two days of judging by Full House Motorsports, and for those who wanted to show their cars without formal judging were welcome to join Bowtie Blvd. Show & Shine.
• Bracket racing in three classes, included the [i[DriveDuracell.com electronics class, non-electronics class and DOT class. Other races included CamaroGuys.com Gen 5 Challenge, True Street and a Last Chance Race.
• Outlaw Pro Mod Wars, a fan favorite featured cars reaching 200 mph on the quartermile.
• Jet cars heated up the summer passes approaching 300 mph, and featured the new Queen of Diamonds II driven by Jill Canuso, Al Hanna’s two Jet Funny Cars, included the Gojo Firebird and the Xlerator Top Secret, as well as Bob VanSciver and his Jersey Thunder Jet Dragster.
• The RacingJunk.com swap meet with the Collector Car Nation car corral was for all those hard-to-find restoration treasures and project cars.
• Manufacturers midway, featured the best in Chevrolet performance and restoration parts.
Car show registration commenced at 8 a.m. Friday, 7 a.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. Sunday. Saturday's awards were at 3:30 p.m. and Sunday’s car show awards were also at 3:30 p.m.
Racing began Friday with two sets of time trials with a single time run on Saturday before eliminations that continued through Sunday.
The Jenkins Competition special award, in honor of the late Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins, was presented to the door car from Saturday’s time session that has the lowest elapsed time.
I arrived Sat. morning and participated in both the Sat. and Sun. shows with my Cosworth Vega. The car was a "Class Winner."
At the end of the show on Sunday, I had a conversation with the Super Chevy Editor. He asked if he could drive the Cosworth. How could I say no to the Editor of Super Chevy magazine. (see album last photos)
Link to Super Chevy article, Successful Ending to Another Super Chevy Show at Maple Grove Raceway
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: