My brother Dean enlisted in the Navy recently and asked me, his 18 year old little sister, to take care of his Camaro SS convertible for him while he is in the service. (He's either very trusting or very stupid!) He knew from the day he bought the car that I loved it, but until now he never even let me drive it! He lived a couple hundred miles from us, but came home for a week visit before leaving for basic training, and he checked me out on the car before he left. To make everything official, he put the car in my dad's name (so the insurance would cost less!), but I'm taking care of paying for everything including basic upkeep, regestration, inspection, and insurance. Dad even volunteered to park his car outside so mom's car and the Camaro can be parked in the garage. The Camaro will only come out to play on clear days with no chance of rain or snow. My Cavalier will still be my daily car. I want to be able to return the car to my brother in as good a shape as it's in now!
I Bought it from a guy who spent 8 years in prison and needed the money. I took a chance and bought a one way ticket to Seattle, WA. You could could tell she'd been sitting for a few days, LOL but after a couple bottles of heat she went 2,200 miles to KansasCity, MO. In Feb no less. It took me about 6 months to replace all the plumbing to get her back to turn Key status. It still needs a few things but its getting there. With the exception of the Kenwood Stereo I put in it, it is all original and everything works from bumper to bumper.
V-8, Automatic transmission, beautiful and FAST!
3.23 L/S rear end
SS package, convertible top, automatic transmission, power windows, power locks, power steering, power brakes, AM/FM/CD stereo, leather seats, dual exhausts, and a lot more...
WS6 suspension package
This is my Current List of what i've done to her Since Feb.
1. New radiator
2. New AC compressor (Converted to R-134) works perfectly
3. New Heavy Duty water pump
4. New thermostat (including a new water outlet)
5. New upper & lower Radiator Hoses (Gates)
6. New Power Steering Pump (including hoses)
7. New alternator
8. New water temp sensor
9. All new Gates Belts
10. New starter & solenoid
11. New Timing chain & gear put in it
12. New Battery
13. New Flow master 80 series & new cat convertor installed
14. New KYB GR2 shocks installed front & rear
15. New Cooling fans and relays
16. Extra charging points installed
17. Hard wired for a Garmin and Valentine one radar detector
18. New window switches installed
19. New spark plugs installed
20. Keyless entry
21. New Headlight motors installed on both sides including new headlights
22. New Flashers
23. Had transmission flushed and checked at Cottman Transmission
24. Had the engine carbon cleaned.
25. New OE Dash
26. New weather strip seals
27. New Rear Hatch shocks as well as the front hood shocks are new
I have not and will not do anything to this car. I'm keeping it the way my brother 'gave' it to me so he'll get it back the same way. I don't know what he may have done to it. I didn't ask, but he didn't mention anything.
17x9 Year One snow flakes with 275/40-17 BF Goodrich KDW2 tires
New Kenwood Stereo system complete with Memphis Audio Speaker system including a Subwoofer.
|Points for Black Beauty||Total Votes||Points for Formula 87'|