Topic: Through the Glass CB Antenna

  • 0 forums with topics and posts

  • ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
    ICRAZY6
    • Join Date: Mar 4, 2008 at 9:16 am
    • Total posts: 219
      Send Message
    #11
    Apr 13, 2010 at 11:15 am
    Just installed the antenna lastnight. I routed the coax around the headliner down to the interior pannel, then behind that, down to the carpet by the back seat and down to where the CB will be mounted. I built my bracket at work yesterday and painted it black. It's currently sitting on the bench in the garage trying to get ride of the paint smell before putting it in the car.

    It will mount between the rear seats on the driveshaft tunnel. Nothing permanent, just a "U" made of sheetmetal that will have the hook part of velcro on the inside edge to grip the carpet (pile). My external speaker should be here tomorrow so i can get that installed.

    Who can give me guidence on how to tune the antenna? Should I go out by the interstate to do it? There's a set screw on the antenna that allows you to turn it and adjust the SWV?

     

    How's this thing go back together???

  • Shaker’s Profile Photo
    Shaker
    • Join Date: Mar 6, 2008 at 12:45 pm
    • Total posts: 1016
      Send Message
    #12
    Apr 13, 2010 at 2:00 pm
    Quote:
    Originally posted by ICRAZY6  Just installed the antenna lastnight. I routed the coax around the headliner down to the interior pannel, then behind that, down to the carpet by the back seat and down to where the CB will be mounted. I built my bracket at work yesterday and painted it black. It's currently sitting on the bench in the garage trying to get ride of the paint smell before putting it in the car.

    It will mount between the rear seats on the driveshaft tunnel. Nothing permanent, just a "U" made of sheetmetal that will have the hook part of velcro on the inside edge to grip the carpet (pile). My external speaker should be here tomorrow so i can get that installed.

    Who can give me guidence on how to tune the antenna? Should I go out by the interstate to do it? There's a set screw on the antenna that allows you to turn it and adjust the SWV?


    Raising the antenna in the base by loosening the set screw will either cause an increase or decrease in your meter on the CB. Play around with it until you get it optimum, then tighten the screw. It's as simple as that. biggrin image

     

    "Ready to Roll Roy?"
    78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
    79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
    and a couple of others that will remain nameless!

  • transam99’s Profile Photo
    transam99
    • Join Date: Mar 15, 2010 at 6:48 pm
    • Total posts: 47
      Send Message
    #13
    May 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm
    Quote:
    Originally posted by chumbrother  thats just made me laugh me A$$ off."if there was a spot to attach a magnet to my car"..sweet holy moly.....I needed that........wally world or radio shack<(whats left of RS) got my antenna at wally world...plenty on ebay.....cb, antennas, etc.... hyper image


    I have a magnet & a 1999 Trans Am & I put it on the roof rear with some rope to hold it in place when I'm traveling. Looks tacky but I don't really care as long as I am there @ the Bandit Run. See you there

     

    Trans Am 99 - Bobby

  • Shaker’s Profile Photo
    Shaker
    • Join Date: Mar 6, 2008 at 12:45 pm
    • Total posts: 1016
      Send Message
    #14
    May 10, 2010 at 7:55 pm
    Whatever works! biggrin image Get 'er done! and Get on down! lmao image

    Bandit Run in 4 days! 10-4? hyper image

     

    "Ready to Roll Roy?"
    78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
    79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
    and a couple of others that will remain nameless!

  • ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
    ICRAZY6
    • Join Date: Mar 4, 2008 at 9:16 am
    • Total posts: 219
      Send Message
    #15
    May 11, 2010 at 7:38 am
    I think I'll try tuning the Radio tonight. I've had some much on my plate. Still need to find time to get a good coat of wax on the car before the run.

     

    How's this thing go back together???

  • Pontiac_Birds_Nest’s Profile Photo
    Pontiac_Birds_N
    est
    • Join Date: Nov 16, 2008 at 12:40 am
    • Total posts: 142
      Send Message
    #16
    May 11, 2010 at 7:53 am
    Quote:
    Originally posted by ICRAZY6  I think I'll try tuning the Radio tonight. I've had some much on my plate. Still need to find time to get a good coat of wax on the car before the run.


    That might be hard to do my friend, suppose to rain here until like Friday, but that could change too, you know weathermen, only job you get paid for, for being wrong,,,lol

     

    Flying Low!!

  • ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
    ICRAZY6
    • Join Date: Mar 4, 2008 at 9:16 am
    • Total posts: 219
      Send Message
    #17
    May 11, 2010 at 8:34 am
    I've got a friend that lives like 6 blocks away. I'll see if I'm able to talk to him in his big rig. Then its on to detailing.

     

    How's this thing go back together???

  • Shaker’s Profile Photo
    Shaker
    • Join Date: Mar 6, 2008 at 12:45 pm
    • Total posts: 1016
      Send Message
    #18
    May 11, 2010 at 10:16 am
    Quote:
    Originally posted by ICRAZY6  I've got a friend that lives like 6 blocks away. I'll see if I'm able to talk to him in his big rig. Then its on to detailing.


    Now that sounds like a plan... talk to a professional about how the ole CB sounds! biggrin image

     

    "Ready to Roll Roy?"
    78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
    79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
    and a couple of others that will remain nameless!

  • ICRAZY6’s Profile Photo
    ICRAZY6
    • Join Date: Mar 4, 2008 at 9:16 am
    • Total posts: 219
      Send Message
    #19
    May 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm
    Yeah, same guy I'm barrowing the CB from. He had it tuned for his truck, runs it as a back up. Can't wait to hear all the chatter from the Bandit Runners or even better is the Truck Drivers talking about what's going on with all the Trans Ams on the roads. lmao image

     

    How's this thing go back together???

  • Shaker’s Profile Photo
    Shaker
    • Join Date: Mar 6, 2008 at 12:45 pm
    • Total posts: 1016
      Send Message
    #20
    May 11, 2010 at 8:57 pm
    Yep, it's usually a riot to listen to! Their favorite line seems to be... "there must a transam convention aroun here somers." LOL! Heard it a hundred times it seems over the past 3 runs. biggrin image

     

    "Ready to Roll Roy?"
    78 WS6 TA, Original Owner, Martinique Blue, Coupe
    79 WS6 TA, Mayan Red, T-Tops
    and a couple of others that will remain nameless!