Description: 1958 LINCOLN MARK III CONVERTIBLE, 80,000 original miles, heated garage for 50 years. All new mechanical parts, radiator, gas tank & lines, brakes and water pump. Claret Metallic with black interior and ORIGINAL black convertible top. Solid car, 99% complete, minimal rust, needs restoration. $35,945, "DOC" Kary Scholl, Bloomington, IN U.S.A. 812-824-1132, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Sorry no Factory Air, but it’s a Convertible.
2. The color is paint #19 Claret Metallic. The car needs to be repainted.
3. Rust over the right headlight. I am looking for a patch fender to repair it. Found a NOS fender.
4. Other rust inside the front of the rear wheel wells. Small rust holes in the lower body on the left side just in front of the rear wheels (see photo with penny taped to side).
5. Stored inside heated garage for over 50 years.
6. Exhaust needs to be replaced.
7. Chrome is in fair condition. One larger dent where Aunt Betty (previous owner) hit a tree.
8. The side of the left front fender is dented from the same tree.
9. The only car known in the Lincoln Club to have the original black Convertible top. It does need to be replaced, it now has some small tears in it from being raised and lowered. I get calls from other Lincoln members asking where to locate the side Lincoln emblems on the convertible top.
10. All black leather interior is presentable with some bad spots. Should be replaced to be a show car.
11. Inside the trunk is real good shape. It has the original jack.
12. The car has 80,000 miles on it. The previous owner parked it in her garage one day left the keys in, battery connected and all the fluids filled up. She then went out and bought a new Lincoln.
13. After 26 years of sitting, I purchased the car, pulled it out of the garage (the brakes were locked up), hauled to my house and had it running THE SAME DAY.
14. I have replaced: Brakes (3.5” shoes), Brake Lines, Fuel Lines and Tank (Boiled out and coated), Water Pump and Radiator.
15. Power windows.
16. Up until 10 years ago we drove the car to many car shows. We would put the Convertible top straight up (because that is as far as it would go). The main cylinders need to be replaced.
17. Missing right fender skirt. Found one.
18. The car has been sitting in my heated garage (not moved) for a long time. I never had the time to take it to car shows. It needs work but it is probably the best solid car out there for the money. It is 99% complete. Now that I am retired I thought I would have time to get the old buggy back on the road but many health issues showed up and I can not work on my cars anymore.
19. The car is not running now but I should be able to have it running in a few weeks. It ran just fine when I parked it.
20. I have been as honest as I can about this car. I have owned it for over 19 years and hope that it goes to someone that will restore it to the original (STOCK) beauty. If you have anymore questions please call. Kary Scholl 812-824-1132. Cell 812-345-5750.