Last updated Jan 1, 2014
My wife and I had been looking for a fun project car for the family to enjoy and landed on late 40's to mid 50's GM iron (Cadillac, Buick, Chevy). After doing a lot of research and checking out some examples for sale and decked-out versions at car shows, we landed on the 1955 Buick. We found this one locally and picked it up two days later.
SLOW. But in a cool, stately kind of way.
264 Nailhead V8
Was purchased in stock, un-restored condition with with 57,000 original miles.
Will be upgraded with the following:
- LS2 6.0L V8 from a 2007 Trailblazer SS
- 4L65E transmission from a 2007 Trailblazer SS
- Wilwood front disc brake conversion
- Ford 8.8" rear axle from a 1999 Explorer
- Triangulated 4-link rear suspension
Permanent Link to this Car