Last updated May 20, 2012
Current project. It will be recieving a new 6.1 Hemi with a tubular front suspension. The rest is up in the air. No color picked yet but seem to always be coming back to Black. Should be out the summer of '09
1967 Plymouth Satellite Modifications
1. Built 2” rear spoiler added to deck lid and quarter extensions.
2. Built quarter extensions (tail light housings) – built taillight lenses and back housings.
3. Filled back center of deck lid and concaved area.
4. Added 3 ¼” to bottom of rear quarters.
5. Modified trunk lock hole.
6. Added spring loaded gas door, move filler neck into the quarter behind the door.
7. Reshaped front side of the rear wheel opening.
8. Added 3 ¼” to bottom of the rocker panel.
9. Added 2” to bottom of the doors.
10. Modified the inner rockers behind the door openings.
11. Removed the door handles.
12. Added Dodge Charger fenders.
13. Added 3 ¼” to bottom of fenders.
14. Removed (shortened) 1/1/2” from outside of front fenders.
15. Removed fender and hood front moldings, welded on custom made pieces to round off the edge of the hood and fender.
16. Built panel to add 3” to the front of the Plymouth hood to match the Dodge fenders.
17. Modified the hood center peak and extend to the front 3” of hood.
18. Added a ‘Cuda shaker hood scoop.
19. Hand built shaker hood opening molding.
20. Hand built lower part to shaker scoop.
21. Built shaker into an air cleaner assembly including water shield and drains.
22. Modify bracing under hood for shaker and front latch assembly.
23. Filled firewall – remove cowl seam.
24. Removed and smoothed out the engine compartment side panels.
25. Flattened out the shock towers.
26. Built and modified the upper and lower radiator supports.
27. Modified the grill assembly. Removed the center circle and center raised area.
28. Removed all side trim moldings and wheel opening moldings. Filled 130 holes and the antenna hole.
29. Hand built vented valve cover covers.
30. Reshaped the front and rear bumpers.
31. Built and ran sub frame connectors through the transmission cross member and tied into the front unibody rails.
32. 2007 6.0 liter Hemi with overdrive transmission.
33. Built an oil pan from Jeep 5.7 liter Hemi pan.
34. Added to the trunk, door and hood openings to make uniform gaps.
35. Shortened the steering column 14”.
36. Modified bumper brackets and moved the rear bumper in and up and moved the front bumper up.
37. Enlarged the transmission tunnel for overdrive.
Permanent Link to this Car