Last updated Jan 2, 2010
Here's a picture of my first car. I got this from my mother. It was a clean 1970 Bug with a factory sunroof. I drove this car daily for years, taking it down the Cal-Look road. It eventually was more of a drag car than a driver.
The car's name came from what people used to call it back in the day. I had a personalized license plate of "LITL QIK" that was a funny reference to the car's size and its speed.
I wound up replacing the engine and transmission with stock units and selling the car. The CA smog laws made it impossible to keep registered, and so frustrated I sold it in favor of an older car (pre-smog).
The car came with a single-port 1584cc (1600) engine. Over the time I had the car I built many engines for it including a 1641cc, 2110cc engines, and some 2276cc engines.
Sun roof, radio, seatbelts.
Lots of engine and transmission work. The last set up I had in the car included:
Displacement: 2276 cc's
- 82 mm EDS welded stroker crankshaft
- Geniune Porsche 912 connecting rods, shot peened and
rebuilt by Gene Berg Enterprises
- Cima 94mm pistons and cylinders
- Highly modified welded heads, 44x37.5 valves
- Italian Weber 48 IDA's with 42mm venturis
- Gene Berg 1 5/8" header with custom "Sonic Turbo" muffler
- Scat 2qt oil sump, chrome plated
Transmission: IRS Type 1
- 4.625 ring/pinion
- 3.78 / 2.06 / 1.48 / 1.125 gear ratios
- Rhino transmission case
De-chromed body, Volvo Tullip yellow paint.
Roll bar, Porsche Rivera 5.5x15 rims, Michelin 135 front ratios, M&H 6" slicks in the rear.
Permanent Link to this Car