Last updated Feb 10, 2009
12 yrs ago , I purchased this from the original owner that was moving overseas and he had to get rid of the car quickly. he was asking $16,000 and after three talks I ended up at $12,500 and drove it away!
Stock Block and heads, running a 4+3 Doug Nash 4 speed overdrive tranny which I love and after mods, it dyno @ 385 RBHP
With 4+3 overdrive
Doug Nash Trans.
1) Headman Headers 1 ¾ tubing, short style with 2 ½ collectors and 2 ¼ dual exhaust all the way, cats removed and mod. Stock mufflers, but with electric cut-outs in front of mufflers.
2) March aluminum engine pulleys on C/S, W/P and Alt. Note C/S pulley smaller than stock, which caused low alt. output, but new prom was calibrated to cure problem.
3) Air pump removed and EGR valve disconnected.
4) First Injection Intake TPI system which includes large intake, runners and 10,000 cfm throttle body with a smooth power coupler bellow between T/B and MAF sensor for more air. www.firstfuelinjection.com
Can call Ken at 1-888-862-6072 for more specs.
5) 160 degree thermostat and 180 degree fan switch added.
6) Acell plug wires, Hypertech hi output coil cap and rotor.
7) K & N A/F with cold ram air filter cover kit.
8) By-pass water hose kit on throttle body to keep T/B colder.
9) GM 350 Hot Cam #12480002 roller cam kit, see cam specs at www.summitracing.com and type in cam part number.
With Crane double roller cam gears and chain and
installed hydraulic roller lifters and new pushrods.
10) adjustable fuel pump regulator, set at 42 lbs.
Note: running stock fuel injectors 24psi and the original GM aluminum stock heads that came on the car in 1986. The manual tranmission is the stock 4+3 Doug Nash with automatic overdrive controlled by the ECM.
Permanent Link to this Car