(Disclaimer: This picture, and all of the pictures in this car's album, were sourced from the Internet. I don't have any pictures left of the actual car. Except for the trunk rack, the car looked just like this.)
When my kids outgrew the back seat of my '80 Accord in the fall of 1990, I decided it was time for something nicer, something newer, something, well, sportier! More ME! I was working at a local Chevy/Olds dealer at the time, so I was familiar with the Beretta and thought one of them would do the job nicely. I couldn't afford a new one, but a gently used car wouldn't be out of the question. My employer didn't have any in stock at the time, but another local Chevy store did. They had a pair of '89 GTs, a red automatic and a blue 5-speed. Both cars were pretty well loaded, and both were advertised at roughly 2/3 of their original sticker price. Well, it was love at first sight with the blue car. The salesman tried a couple of times to talk me into the more expensive red car, but I made it clear that I wanted a stick, not an automatic. So, on my older daughter's 10th birthday, I got a gift myself! I had the car for 9+ years, and put well over 100,000 miles on it before it started eating engine control computers about every 4 months. even with junkyard parts, that got real expensive, real quick, on an 11 year old car!
Purchased this car just after thanksgiving of 08' shortly after I found it outside an appartment at an auto repair shop. sofar have started body work by buying a trufiber mach 1 hood, replacement trunklid (origional was rotted out), 92-93 special edition lx style spoiler.
2.8 liter V-6 - 135hp
5-speed manual transmission
Engine Specs: Stock 5.0L HO Fuel Injected V-8, 225 hp
Car currently has about 133,000 miles.
GT Handling and Appearance package, which included:
F41 Sport Suspension
P235-60R15 Goodyear Eagle GT Tires
Power Door Locks
Remote Trunk Release
The car also had these separate options:
AM/FM Cassette Stereo
- Oxford White Paint (1 of 3,576 Oxford White GT Convertibles)
- Roll Down Windows
- Power Stairing
- Air Conditioning
- Power Locks
- Luggage Racks
An 87' Mustang is very rare with roll down windows, most came with power windows.
K&N Air Filter
Beretta GT Alloy Wheels (bought used to replace the base GT steel wheels)
- Trufiber Mach 1 Hood
- 92/93 Lx Special Edition Spoiler
- Aftermarket exhaust (dont know what kind, was on the car when purchased). planning on upgrading though
- Accufab 70mm Throttle Body and EGR spacer (not on the car yet, will be going on towards the end of december)
- BBK ram air intake (will be going on towards the end of december also)
- Styling bar (will be going on towards the end of next week)
- Ford 347 Stroker Engine
- Kenne Belle Flowzilla superharger
- New Coat Of Oxford White Paint
- Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust w/ Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers, offroad x-pipe???
- Mass Air Flow upgrade kit
|Points for Blue Jay||Total Votes||Points for 87Foxbody|