I bought this car new in 1987 Nov...model year 1988. know as a pre-year...I guess I just had to be the first to drive the new model year before anyone else..I have driven every mile on this car, over 250K... Then I was going to have some drive train work done while I was in Egypt working, the shop had parked my car outside the entire time and did a half ass job. So when I returned back home, I took the car back from this butcher shop and called on Hawkins Engineering to save the day...car is still a project, but when I get home from Afghan/Kuwait, it should be finish..Jan 2013... (Up Date) Got a call from Burce, it looks like a meeting is required before he'll continue the project, and it must be a person to person meeting with car....this can't be any good...the new dirve train is in however and the car is rolling on its own power, that in its self a huge step forward. we'll find out this Nov. 2012 when I come home for a visit...
This is my hobby/weeekend cruiser. It started out as a Raven Black '68 Mustang fastback built in the San Jose Plant. I bought it out of state but it hadn't been registered and still sports its original California Black Plates. I've been slowly working at it for aobut 4 years and have now reached a pretty nice state! It's now a Shelby GT 500 tribute car that looks and performs very nicely!
Just notice the pics...and come to your own conclusion of time and cost....
* Shelby GT 500 exterior appointments (Charcoal Grey Metallic with white LeMans striping)
* Shelby GT 500 console, gauges and seatbelt emblems
* Ford Racing 392 c.i. crate motor (475hp; 496 lbs/ft torque)
* MSD 6AL Electronic Ignition
* Tremec TKO (5 spd) original designed shifter handle and shift knob with 5 spd pattern
* Aluminum driveshaft
* Ford 9" Rear End
* '68 Shelby GT 500 Exhaust
* Be Cool Aluminum radiator (dual electric fans)
* 4 wheel slotted disc brakes (frnt red powder coated SSBC 4 piston calipers, rear red powder coated '04 Mustang Cobra calipers)
* Shelby 15" 10-spoke aluminum wheels
back in the day it was a 305 TPI with 210HP...now...an LS1 out of a GTO with a few mode done...
* J Code (302) V-8
* Auto trans
* A/C (no longer hooked up)
* 9 inch rear end (posi)
* Bucket Seats
* Deluxe Interior
lots and lots
* Full '68 Shelby Cobra GT 500 Exterior Body
* Charcoal Grey Metallic w/White LeMans Striping
* '68 Shelby 10 spoke aluminum wheels
* Ford Racing 392 Crate Motor (475 hp; 495 lbs/ft torque)
* Tremec TKO 5 spd
* Aluminum driveshaft
* 9" Rear End
* Aluminum Radiator (dual electric fans)
* 4 wheel slotted disc brakes (SSBC 4 piston caliper front; '04 Mustang Cobra rear)
“Shelby Tribute” has no photo albums.
|Points for Attitude||Total Votes||Points for Shelby Tribute|