I've wanted one of these for a long time. Sure, I'm a Chevy man, but sometimes there are those special cars that you just KNOW you want, if and when the right one comes along at the right price. Well, last week, it happened. A customer at my shop happened to mention that a friend of his was selling an '86 Grand National, and asked if ! would ask around if anyone might be interested. I took the info on the car and thought it over for a couple of days..... Then I made a phone call and then Kate and I took the 2 hour drive to check the car out. As the pictures show, it turned out to be a great car. We discussed price, struck a deal, and came home with the newest addition to our garage - and one I don't have to do a damn thing to!
This is my hobby/weeekend cruiser. It started out as a Raven Black '68 Mustang fastback built in the San Jose Plant. I bought it out of state but it hadn't been registered and still sports its original California Black Plates. I've been slowly working at it for aobut 4 years and have now reached a pretty nice state! It's now a Shelby GT 500 tribute car that looks and performs very nicely!
3.8 liter (231 ci) Turbocharged, Intercooled V-6 ("chipped")
4-Speed automatic Overdrive Transmission
335 lb. ft. Torque
0-60: 4.1 Seconds
1/4 Mile: 12.7 Seconds
* Shelby GT 500 exterior appointments (Charcoal Grey Metallic with white LeMans striping)
* Shelby GT 500 console, gauges and seatbelt emblems
* Ford Racing 392 c.i. crate motor (475hp; 496 lbs/ft torque)
* MSD 6AL Electronic Ignition
* Tremec TKO (5 spd) original designed shifter handle and shift knob with 5 spd pattern
* Aluminum driveshaft
* Ford 9" Rear End
* '68 Shelby GT 500 Exhaust
* Be Cool Aluminum radiator (dual electric fans)
* 4 wheel slotted disc brakes (frnt red powder coated SSBC 4 piston calipers, rear red powder coated '04 Mustang Cobra calipers)
* Shelby 15" 10-spoke aluminum wheels
I know the power sunroof was an option, but I'm not sure of some of the other goodies like the digital dashboard, power seat, power windows, power locks, power antenna, electronic climate control, etc.
The car still has all the books with it, and it even has an emergency crank in case the sunroof motor goes out with the roof open!
* J Code (302) V-8
* Auto trans
* A/C (no longer hooked up)
* 9 inch rear end (posi)
* Bucket Seats
* Deluxe Interior
The ignition has been "Chipped", and it has a higher stall converter.
* Full '68 Shelby Cobra GT 500 Exterior Body
* Charcoal Grey Metallic w/White LeMans Striping
* '68 Shelby 10 spoke aluminum wheels
* Ford Racing 392 Crate Motor (475 hp; 495 lbs/ft torque)
* Tremec TKO 5 spd
* Aluminum driveshaft
* 9" Rear End
* Aluminum Radiator (dual electric fans)
* 4 wheel slotted disc brakes (SSBC 4 piston caliper front; '04 Mustang Cobra rear)
“Shelby Tribute” has no photo albums.
|Points for Darth Vader||Total Votes||Points for Shelby Tribute|