- 1976 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega (Twin Cam)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (Millionth Vega)
- 1971 Chevrolet Vega Panel Express (71Panel)
- 1988 Chevrolet Nova (88NUMMI)
- 1974 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (74Shark)
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvair (64vair)
- 1989 Chevrolet Beretta GT (89GT)
- 1986 Chevrolet Nova (86NUMMI)
- 1986 Chevrolet Sprint (86Sprint)
- 1986 Cadillac Cimarron (86Caddy)
- 1985 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (Deville)
- 1977 Chevrolet Chevette (77TCar)
- 1987 Toyota Corolla (87Corolla)
- 1985 Chevrolet Chevette S (85TCar)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback (73Kammback)
- 1990 Ford Festiva L (90Festiva)
- 1984 Lincoln Continental Mark VII LSC (84Mark)
- 1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI (82Mark)
- 1973 Ford Pinto Runabout (73Pinto)
- 1973 Mercury Capri 2600 (73Capri)
- 1975 Chevrolet Vega Panel Express (75Panel)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (Millionth Vega #2)
- 1976 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega (Twin Cam #1)
- 1967 Chevrolet Impala SS (67SS)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (73GT)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback Estate (73Woody)
- 1973 Chevrolet Vega GT (Millionth Vega #1)
vegavairbob’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 53
- Vega Panel Express Wins Best In Show
- Sat Nov 16, 2013 | 3 comments
- Cosworth Vega Collects Sixth Trophy for 2013
- Fri Nov 8, 2013 | 2 comments
- Vega GT Collects Seventh Trophy for 2013
- Sun Oct 20, 2013 | 1 comment
- Chevrolet Cameo pickup sells for $140,000 at Lambrecht Chevrolet auction
- Fri Oct 4, 2013 | 3 comments
- 500 Time Capsules up for auction in Nebraska - 50 with less than 10 Miles!
- Sun Aug 25, 2013 | 4 comments
Cosworth Vega vs Capri II in Motor Trend Classic - Spring 2013 Issue
Mar 28, 2013 | Views: 675
Filed under: 1976 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega (Twin Cam)
Frank Marcus, Technical Director of Motor Trend said:
"Motor Trend's October 1975 article pitted the Cosworth against the Capri II 2.8 with each trimmed in matching black paint with gold wheels and pinstripping...
For this test, we were fortunate enough to find two superb cars, each owned by a marque expert. Vega guru Robert Spinello recently acquired #3466 Cossie, in Mahogany over Buckskin (eight additional colors were added for 1976), is one of 815 featuring the desirable M75 five-speed and 4.10:1 axle ($244), and benefits from many of the 300 quality enhancements made for the Vega’s penultimate year, including galvanized fenders and rockers along with a restyled grille and tail lamps. Showing just 2681 miles during our photo shoot, it’s racked up myriad trophies while being passed around the Cosworth Vega club via trailer (but Robert drives it!)."
Overblown - "The China Syndrome might have overhyped the TMI (Three-Mile Island) incident as bad press might have exaggerated the Vega's woes."
"I can definitely sense some of the Vega's raw, untamed nature that my predecessors described."
"Stylish and historically significant but ridiculously overpriced in its day and ultimately a bit unfinished, the ultimate Vega now represents a serious collector bargain."
Photo: Cosworth Vega and Capri II face off at Three Mile Island, October 20, 2012. MT photo from the article.
The Motor Trend Classic Chevrolet Cosworth Vega vs Mercury Capri II article on Motor Trend.com
Chevrolet Cosworth Vega - Chevy Vega Wiki
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: