- 1961 Ford Thunderbird (White In Night Satin)
- 1951 Chevrolet Sedan (Heaven Bound)
- 2001 Toyota Celica (GT - great tourer)
- 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander (Ditsi Mitsi)
- 1950 Studebaker Champion (FozzieMobile)
- 1954 Nash Metropolitan (Metro)
- 1958 Mercury Monteclair (The Beginning)
- 1960 Oldsmobile 88 (California Kid)
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova (Easy Going)
- 1968 Rambler American (Dings)
- 1972 Chevrolet Caprice (Bowtie Boat)
- 1976 Plymouth Valiant (Tilt Power)
- 1977 Volkswagen bus (rust bucket)
- 1978 Datsun 510 (Ole Reliable)
- 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (Trouble)
- 1989 Ford F 150 (Not So Big Foot)
- 2003 Mazda Protege5 (Japanese Ford)
alwaysakid’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 90
A New Car for $600?
Mar 22, 2011 | Views: 628
- VW aero car
- 4 photos
What do you think? Is this for real or another cyber legend?
This is what the email said:
This is not a joke and they do sell for $600.00.
They wont be able to make them fast enough -- be good just to run around town.
Here's a car that will get you back and forth to work on the cheap....... $600 for the car. 258 miles per gallon... Only a one seater however.
Talk about cheap transportation....... Volkswagen's $600 car gets 258 mpg -- It looks like Ford, Chrysler and GM missed the boat again!
This $600 car is no toy and is ready to be released in China next year. The single seater aero car totes VW (Volkswagen) branding.
Volkswagen did a lot of very highly protected testing of this car in Germany, but it was not announced until now where the car would make it's first appearance. The car was introduced at the VW stockholders meeting as the most economical car in the world as presented.
The initial objective of the prototype was to prove that 1 liter of fuel could deliver 100 kilos of travel. The aero design proved essential to getting the desired result. The body is 3.47 meters long and just 1.25 meters wide, and a little over a meter high.
The prototype was made completely of carbon fiber and is not painted to save weight. The power plant is a one cylinder diesel positioned ahead of the rear axle and combined with an automatic shift controlled by a knob in the interior. Safety was not compromised as the impact and roll-over protection is comparable to the GT racing cars.
Better than Electric Car? 258 miles/gallon: IPO 2010 in Shanghai. This is a single seated car.
From conception to production: 3 years and the company is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany ..
It will be selling for 4000 Yuan, equivalent to US $600.
Gas tank capacity = 1.7 gallons
Top speed = 62 to 74.6 Miles/hour
Fuel efficiency = 258 miles/gallon
Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles.
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: