- 1979 Pontiac Trans Am (Blackbird)
- 1979 Pontiac Firebird (Trans Am)
- 1971 Chevrolet Nova (Dream Car)
- 1994 Chevrolet S-10 (Another Black S-10)
- 1974 Chevrolet Nova (Aldo)
- 1995 GMC 3500 Rally STX (My Perminant Ride)
- 1974 Chevrolet Chevelle (Mychevelle)
- 1978 Chevrolet Monza (Experiment #1)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Experiment #2)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Spyder)
- 1980 Chevrolet Monza (Re-Po Car)
- 1987 Chevrolet S-10 (Thunder-sTruck)
- 1989 Chevrolet S-10 (Cameo)
- 1997 Chevrolet K 2500 (Work Horse)
- 1998 Ford Ranger Super-cab (P*O*S)
- 1969 Chevrolet Impala (Limpala)
- 1977 Chevrolet Camaro (The Camaro)
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Am (Grand Am)
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix (GP)
Crazyfast79TA’s Blog Posts 1 – 5 of 247
Ding dong! The truck is gone!
May 10, 2014 | Views: 269
- Jessica's New Ride
- 5 photos
Ding dong! The truck is gone, which old truck? The Big Blue Truck!
Ding dong! The Big Blue Truck is gone!
Wake up- sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed!
Wake up, the Big Blue Truck is gone. It's gone where clunkers go. Below-below-below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out!
Ding dong the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low. Let them know!
The Big Blue Truck is gone!
Okay now that I've got the "happy dance" done, here's the news. We (my wife and I) decided I was not going to waste any more time or money on the old blue truck so we decided to trade it off. I knew we were going to take a beating on it, but in the long run I know we'll be better off. Michelle really likes her Sport-Trac and Jessica (her daughter) really liked driving it and refused to drive the big Chevy anymore. I found a GMC Sonoma SLS 4 door 4x4 S-10 type truck that I thought she would like. Looking at it she did, but driving it she didn't. So we looked at other trucks. She wanted a full size truck not a car. I don't think she realizes how much gas they take compared to a car but that didn't matter to her. We found some trucks on-line in our price range but they were out of town. The closest we found was in Aitkin which is about 45 minutes from here and we had to go through there to get to where we were to meet Michelle's Mom for Mother's Day lunch. As we pulled in the drive I spotted this Sport-Trac parked up by the building. We didn't even bother looking at any full size trucks when we found out it was in our price range. We took it out for a drive. I liked it so I gave Jessica a chance to drive. She liked it a lot! It was time to talk trade-in value on the Chevy. I knew it was going to be low. However I DID NOT want to drive the blue truck back home after we found a vehicle Jessica liked. They got the price down enough on the Sport-Trac and trade-in on the Chevy high enough that it was at the point we were pre-approved for on the GMC. By the time we got all the paperwork and faxing taken care of and getting all our stuff out of the Chevy, Michelle' Mom gave up on us for lunch (12:20) and left us hanging and told us to have our own fun. We did!
Permanent Link to this Blog Post: